Samsung S4 SD Card Music Issue

Amandip Singh

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone.. Hoping for some help here.. This issue is similar to what has been posted on the forums already but nothing has worked for me.

I bought the S4 a few days ago and after downloading a few apps and adding my music I had a little amount of space left on the device, so I opted to buy an SD Card from ebay..

The music played fine on my phone until I decided to transfer it onto the SD card. I transferred it on my laptop from the phone onto the SD card as I thought this would be the safest option, which didn't work. I then tried to move the files from my device onto the SD card through My Files, which didn't work either.. I then downloaded iSyncr because it was suggested on a few forums I had a look at, and this didn't work either..

The problem I am having, is that some songs are playing for 2 to 3 seconds and then going onto the next, while a large number of songs aren't being played at all. I am using poweramp but I have also tried it using the default music player to make sure there's something I haven't missed anything on poweramp..

I've tried almost everything that has been posted on forums, but I am very open to suggestions, so thank you in advance for your help!

HPferoxCraft

May 8, 2013
Visit site
When you plug your phone into your laptop are you seeing, on your laptop, that your phone is listed as a media device? Like it would if you insert a usb stick in your laptop.
If you can you should be able to click on the new drive and select either internal or external memory of your phone. Then you just go to the songs folder and cut and paste them into a new folder in the ExtSd card.
Now with you attempting and failing to do it previously you may have corrupted the audio data, possibly.
I personally manage my files inside the phone using the app X-plore, when it comes to adding from or backing up to my computer I plug into it through usb.

Amandip Singh

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Yeah it comes up the way you have explained, but it still doesn't work.. Each time it doesn't work I get the data back off my laptop because I had a feeling that the data would become corrupt on the phone.

Until I can get the music working on the default music player I don't particularly want to download any new apps, even though there's a big chance that it would work. Thank you very much for your suggestion.

HPferoxCraft

May 8, 2013
Visit site
It's possible that it is a bad SD card.
Do you have a card reader you can just put the card in and stick that in the laptop. Transfer from laptop onto card then try to play a song of the card while still in the usb port. If it's fine it should be fine when you put it the the phone.
Make sure your mounting and unmounting the card properly.

Amandip Singh

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
It's possible that it is a bad SD card.
Do you have a card reader you can just put the card in and stick that in the laptop. Transfer from laptop onto card then try to play a song of the card while still in the usb port. If it's fine it should be fine when you put it the the phone.
Make sure your mounting and unmounting the card properly.

I think it may be that I'm not mounting and unmounting.. I've never done it when transferring music on an SD Card so I didn't bother doing it this time.. I will definitely give that a try when I get home from work, thanks!

If all else fails, I have an 8GB memory card from a few years ago that definitely works, so I'll try that as a last resort.

Thanks

Amandip Singh

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Managed to get a solution after messing about a bit.. I took the SD Card out of my S4 and used an adapter to put it into my laptop. I then transferred all of the songs that I needed to and put it back in the phone. It is now working fine. Although I dislike taking my phone cover off all the time, this could have been much worse.

Hope this is helpful for anyone that comes across this issue.

GS4Bob

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Should not need to take your card out of the phone.
I use Goodsync to keep music on PC and phone synced....wireless.

From my 32gb GS4 via Tapatalk

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
You need to post specifics about your SD card. Brand, speed, capacity. Also, did you buy the cheapest one from China? Devices are finicky about SD cards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca