Cant download Apps from play store

Rahim Ullah

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
i cant download any app from google play in galaxy S4!!! when i press install it show "downloading" but doesnt start download!!!:(:(
Plz helppppppp!!!!!!

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Try clearing the app's cache. I have an S3, not an S4, so how you get there might not be quite the same, but on the S3:

Go to Settings / Application manager. Scroll all the way right, to the "All" tab. Scroll down to "Google Play Store" and tap that row. Tap "Clear cache", then "Force Stop."

Now go back to the home screen, and restart the app. See if that fixes it. If not, try the same thing again, but this time "Clear data" instead of cache.

If that still doesn't work, go back to the Application manager, tap the menu button, and "Reset app preferences."

If none of those work, check out this thread. It may have some other ideas: http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s3/271833-my-play-store-has-stopped-working.html

Knight_Hound

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Okey. maybe.. just maybe.. (but i hope not)
I'm the only one that have this weird **** freaky problem on my device (Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 - GT-I8160)
the problem is same like all of people in this thread, BUT mine was more ADVANTAGE.
why I said that??? cuz my phone still can update and download BUT ONLY FOR SOME APK!!
example: I can download/update Google Search, Google +, Maps, etc BUT I can't update GMAIL.
well cuz GMAIL is not really important to me, so it's okey it can't update..
BUT this is happen to many APK out there, I even can't download NOVA LAUNCHER, GO LOCKER, and even SKYPE!!
the proses show "DOWNLOADING" status but the download never start!!
I read all the suggestion made from page 1 - 2 but neither one of them work for me..
I even FACTORY RESET my Ace 2 but NOT WORK!!
this is frustating me.. so anyone can help solve my problem here?
before I really gave up and toss this **** phone to the sea..

[ In Settings / Application manager, scroll all the way to the right, then scroll down until you find downloads. If it is marked as disabled, tap that row, tap the enable button, exit and try the Play store again. ] NOT WORK!!

[ If it's not disabled, or you did the above and it still won't work. scroll down to Google Play store, tap that row, and tap the Clear cache button, then the Force stop button. Exit, and try the play store again. If it still doesn't work, repeat but tap Clear data, then Force stop ] NOT WORK!!

[ Reset app preferences technique. ] NOT WORK!!

[First of all make sure there is no data limit active or reached by going in
Settings >> Data usage.

2. Make sure time zone in settings is set correct. That helps if u have travelled to other zone or is wrong selected.

3. You can clear data of play store by going in Settings >> apps setting >>all tab >> google play store>> clear data.

4. If this doesnt work and u are on custom rom then flash gapps again or if u are on stock then wipe / reset phone] NOT WORK!!
1 thing here I desribe I'm not using any custom ROM or whatever is it only ROOT previeleges

[ You can also try enabling the Google Account Manager of your device. This worked for me. For detailed steps please visit HOW TO FIX GOOGLE PLAY STORE LOADING ISSUE - News - Bubblews ] NOT WORK!!!

Sent from my **** Samsung GT-I8160

Katina Lewis

May 28, 2015
Visit site
I have a Samsung galaxy s4 mini and I just got the 4.4.2 update last week. Not only can I not move apps to my SD card anymore but Now my apps won't update nor can I download any new ones. I cleared my cache and cleared the data like y'all stated above and it let me update 3 apps but not its back to not working. I tried clearing things again and it didn't work. Can anyone help?!

Mitul Patel3

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
1. Open your device's main Settings menu.
2. Select Apps or Application manager (depending on your device, this may be different).
3. Select the Google Play Store app Google Play.
4. Select Clear cache.
5. Select Clear data.

Download Manager
1. Open your device's main Settings menu.
2. Select Apps or Application manager (depending on your device, this may be different).
3. Select Download Manager.
4. Select Clear cache.
5. Select Clear data.

just try this above steps it will help u to solve ur problem

galaxynebula

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
Million tks.

My Whatapps version expired; press update and Playstore keep looping ....
Lost communications for a whole day ...

Can't fix the problem 1st time by "Clear cache" + "Force stop" + reload PlayStore...
OK when I "Clear cache" and "Clear data" at the same time... and then "Force stop" and reload PlayStore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2