Could use some backup help

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
My S4 has a 32GB Micro SD. Are there any apps that will backup the phone completely( including the SD card)? I looked at Kies and it only does internal memory. I tried to get Android File Transfer to work and it just won't recognize the S4 ( even after deleting Kies). Wondershare Mobile Go keeps asking me to connect my S4 when it is already connected. Anyone with ideas? Thanks.

s4user1

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
My S4 has a 32GB Micro SD. Are there any apps that will backup the phone completely( including the SD card)? I looked at Kies and it only does internal memory. I tried to get Android File Transfer to work and it just won't recognize the S4 ( even after deleting Kies). Wondershare Mobile Go keeps asking me to connect my S4 when it is already connected. Anyone with ideas? Thanks.

Connect your s4 to your pc. And then copy everything you need manually. For example camera photos are in DCIM folder.all to do is copy paste to a folder in your pc.
Good luck
If i helped , click thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using AC Forums mobile app

s4user1

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
There is an app in the play store called My backup pro. This will help u.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using AC Forums mobile app

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Again, thank you, but let me restate the problem. I would like to backup my Micro SD card, not backup my phone TO my Micro SD card. I have basically found a solution. As per other forum members, you MUST use the uninstaller for Kies to allow the Android File Transfer program to work. After I uninstalled Kies, the Android File Transfer program worked on my Mac Book Pro. Initially, when I plugged it in, it said no device was found, but I waited a minute or two, and then the S4 showed. I selected the SD card and then just dragged the files I wanted onto a folder I had created on my desktop.

GS4Bob

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
GoodSync: File Synchronization Software, File Backup, File Sync
It is available for the Mac desktop. Also an Android app for your GS4.
What you can do with this is specify the folders on your GS4 to sync with a folder on your Mac.
ie make a folder on your Mac and have the sdcard folders synced to that folder (duplicate it in your mac).

I do the other way: I have music on my PC and have it synced with the music folder on my extsdcard on my GS4. Any changes and it automatically copies from the PC > GS4.

Worth trying free!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phantom3SE