Would you have bought the S4 if Samsung didn't include SD card slots?

Would you have bought the S4 if Samsung didn't include SD card slots?

• Total voters

GS4Bob

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
If it was a 64gb model then I would. Otherwise, the One would of had a chance.
But that is not the case and I have the 32gb model AND a 64 gb sdcard! :)

From my 32gb GS4 via Tapatalk

thornesone

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Probably not. I have music and pics on on the sd card from 3 prior devices, along with the apps that can be moved. The sd card and removable battery are a must for me.

Posted via Android Central App using my awesome S4!

Chuck73080

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I would not have bought a 16GB with or without an SD card. I do love my 32GB S4 though. Waiting for the SD card problems to work out before I get one.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Nope.......Already had and HTC without it....did not enjoyed it all ......For me deal breakers are: SD card and removable battery............

nelonez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Oh course not... expandable memory and removable battery are a must for me on any phone...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Nerelda

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Would have made me want it more.

Hello from a Hildenbrand in Maryland, USA!

Now in answer to the OP, It would have made me think harder about it. I probably would have purchased the 64gb instead of the 16gb version. However I do like the fact that it has one so I can just take out the card if my phone were to ever die on me and not have as much risk losing my photos. (although I do have my dropbox account set up to automatically backup every photo taken)

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I might have. When I got the phone I was overdue from Verizon and my Droid X2 was not performing well. At the time my Verizon options were the S3, the DNA or wait a month for the S4. I would have picked the S3 over the DNA because of the SD slot but it was a close decision. The way the question is asked I'm not sure if I should assume the S3 had an SD slot or not, though. If it didn't have a slot I almost certainly would have waited for the S4. If the S3 did have the SD slot I might not have waited and just got it instead. However, if the S4 had a 64GB option I would have definitely got it instead.

Really, the SD slot for me is just a way to make my phone my MP3 player. I'd either need an SD slot or at least 64GB of internal memory to replace my iPod. I have around 30GB of music, so unless I can fit all of it comfortably on my device, I won't use it as a music player. That means 32GB devices are out. If I can't get either then I just won't replace my iPod yet. That's what would have happened with the DNA or a SDless 16 or 32GB S3/4.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 6, 2013
Visit site
After coming from 4 different versions of iPhones I've learned to live with out a memory card slot, but since it does it makes a perfect holder for my 64GB Micro-SD card so that it doesn't get lost ... ;)

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I predict that those that require a micro SD card for their phones will be very disappointed in a couple years. I don't think that feature will stick around. Internal memory will get bigger and they'll just drop the SD card altogether.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 6, 2013
Visit site
I predict that those that require a micro SD card for their phones will be very disappointed in a couple years. I don't think that feature will stick around. Internal memory will get bigger and they'll just drop the SD card altogether.
I believe you to be right ... I don't think internal memory will even increase at all, everything will be cloud based storage, or streaming media. We're almost there as it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech