Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

Default zooper widget/nova/gs4 question/no root

So from the title you see what I'm working with. I'm trying to make a widget that will be a short cut button for my app drawer. When searching through the short cuts, and apps to choose from for the 'tap on actions'to be proformed I can't find anywhere the app drawer action anywhere?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: zooper widget/nova/gs4 question/no root

Quote Originally Posted by tielerjon View Post
    So from the title you see what I'm working with. I'm trying to make a widget that will be a short cut button for my app drawer. When searching through the short cuts, and apps to choose from for the 'tap on actions'to be proformed I can't find anywhere the app drawer action anywhere?

I've got a trick for you. If you install Lightning launcher and use it once and switch back to nova there should be the option for all apps. However, it will bring up the lightning launcher app drawer instead of novas.
    There's probably a different way but I couldn't find one and that worked fine for me. I just made sure nova was primary and home button was set to novas Homescreen that way backing out of the app drawer didn't open Lightning home screen.
    You could just change a gesture to open it instead of an icon, but I too like the icon for cosmetic theming reasons.

Edit: if you uninstall Lightning the option will not be there anymore.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

Tried it, it opens up lightning launchers app drawer. Just going to use the gesture to open the app drawer until something better comes up. Great idea tho.

I'm not totally sure what you're asking but I have an app drawer icon using nova. If you long press on an empty part of the screen and select nova the qpp drawer is the first icon that comes up. And them you can click it and drag it onto the screen

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by abbiesweetheart View Post
    I'm not totally sure what you're asking
    The OP is trying to make a widget with zooper Widget and incorporate an icon, maybe one of a few in a single widget, that will open the app drawer when tapped. This is different than just adding a shortcut on the homescreen because they want it to be incorporated inside the widget itself.
    In ZW they can select a bitmap image and then add the function that occurs when tapped. When you go to add the function you choose from a menu of options ZW gives you, and the app drawer isn't one of them. At least it appears that way with touchwiz, Adw and nova installed unless it's buried in a submenu. It does show up with lighting launcher as I stated.
    Sometimes it's nicer to add the shortcut in a widget for cosmetic reasons as you have more control of placement.
    If the OP has a section of the screen designed with a widget that has a certain flow of icon placements, adding a shortcut outside of the widget might not line up in the grid with the design or be able to be skinned the same.
    I'm still casually looking for a better solution myself.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

Your all over it craft, that's exactly what I'm trying to do. I took a screen shot but can't figure out how to upload it.

That's the setup I was using too. I was also trying to add folders into ZW which I haven't been able to either. I know both issues were brought up in the ZW forums and the dev stated earlier this year the folder option was something they were looking at for a future build. At least in that sense you could just load the folder with all your apps, possibly.
    I'm still looking for a better solution.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

The bad thing is I feel like I've done this before using a different widget & or launcher. Just can't figure it out now....

If you haven't received an answer, or figured this out yet, i have learned how! Inside "module on tap" swipe over to "shortcuts". Scroll down and select "Nova Launcher" and there are your shortcuts! Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyonisis03 View Post
    If you haven't received an answer, or figured this out yet, i have learned how! Inside "module on tap" swipe over to "shortcuts". Scroll down and select "Nova Launcher" and there are your shortcuts! Hope this helps.
    Sweet! That must have been updated somewhere down the line because it didn't show the app drawer as a selectable option in either Zooper or uccw, thanks for lookin' out.

Posted via My Finger

Quote Originally Posted by Dyonisis03 View Post
    I have been setting up a a Zooper skin over the past few days and had this app drawer issue; just came across your post today and wanted to say "thank you". My frustration level has now eased considerably!