Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By sparkn
  • 1 Post By sparkn
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Dropped my S4, screen isn't working!

I just got my S4 from Verizon about a month ago and I accidentally dropped it while getting out of my car. Now my screen isn't working, it doesn't even light up when I press the side button. I didn't sign up for the Verizon insurance plan (man that was a dumb move). Am I screwed or can I pay a couple extra bucks to get it fixed? What are my options... man I'm stressing out. Thanks...
    ARGPM likes this.

Default Re: Dropped my S4, screen isn't working!

Try taking the battery out for 10 seconds then putting it back in...u can take it to a phone repair shop and see what they say...

Sent from my Galaxy S4 Exynos via Tapatalk 4... I LOVE THIS PHONE
    ajl

Global Posts
    932 Global Posts

f the screen is not cracked it is most likely the digitizer. I wouldn't recommend fixing it yourself. Look online for repair. It could run you up anywhere from $100-300. Sorry, I know that's not what you wanted to hear. Get a case next time!

Posted via Android Central App
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I actually just sent my phone back in today. Samsung charged me 175$ for a Digitizer + LCD repair, which I'm assuming is going to be a replacement. If anyone's interested I'll be happy to provide an update after I get my phone back.
    ARGPM likes this.

i am came out a chem class accidently dropped my phone everything else is funtioning properly except for the display plus i had a temper glass on so the most damage was to the upper part of the screen so wat do u guys thing i should do

I think verizon is having open enrollment right now for insurance, just to help out.

I had an Otter Box but I dropped it an i saw a small crack but the outer screen was fine. When I press the home button I see weird lights on the screen. Help please!

Hey i know this was 2 years ago but i'd appreciate it if you respond. Same thing happened tome that i dropped my s4 and there are like little cracks and the phone itself works but the screen is all black and unresponsive. Help, did you have verizon?

Quote Originally Posted by sparkn View Post
    I just got my S4 from Verizon about a month ago and I accidentally dropped it while getting out of my car. Now my screen isn't working, it doesn't even light up when I press the side button. I didn't sign up for the Verizon insurance plan (man that was a dumb move). Am I screwed or can I pay a couple extra bucks to get it fixed? What are my options... man I'm stressing out. Thanks...

I actually just sent my phone back in today. Samsung charged me 175$ for a Digitizer + LCD repair, which I'm assuming is going to be a replacement. If anyone's interested I'll be happy to provide an update after I get my phone back.

bro there are many videos on youtube on how to replace your broken screen and its very simple, but you must have to buy the working display first...