1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question S4 Texting Issue

Since getting my Samsung S4 I haven't been able to send or receive texts from my parents. They both have an iPhone 4S. They seem to be the only people I'm unable to text. I've tried turning off iMessage on both my iPad and my old iPhone and it hasn't worked. I'm able to text other people with iPhones fine, just not them.

You'd think this would be a blessing but my mom keeps my girl during the day so I need to keep in contact with her.

Any other ideas? I'm sure the people at the AT&T Store would be clueless.

Default Re: S4 Texting Issue

I'm still pointing my finger at iMessage. Do you have a Mac computer by chance? , ipod touch maybe? They have iMessage on them as well. Anything with your old appleID from your iPhone with iMessages needs to be turned off in the settings section. You might also try having your parents delete your contact info and reenter it as a regular mobile number not as a iPhone in their contacts on their iPhones.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: S4 Texting Issue

I don't have a Mac, but both of my parents do. I don't think they have iMessage setup on either one, but I can check. We both have deleted each others contact information and put it back in. Still nothing.