GS 4 and SD card help

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
How do u move things to the sd card on a GS4, and find them too. I'm new at this stuff. Please help. Thankx

It depends on what carrier you're with. I'm with T Mobile and they haven't push the date yet for our model. Once you get the update you have the ability, go to settings Application Manager and then click on the specific app and it should give you the option to move to SD card but remember this will only mostly move the data. Again I haven't received this update so maybe somebody who has can chime in as well. I hope that helps.

sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy S?4 with Tapatalk 4

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
How do u move things to the sd card on a GS4, and find them too. I'm new at this stuff. Please help. Thankx

If you're coming from an older system, there have been drastic changes.

Until the update that the prior poster mentioned, you can't move apps to the SD card any more. Many do not have the promised update as yet (me included).

Of course, you can always move other things, like MP3s or whatever.

Also, the file structure has become a lot more confusing. The first time I looked at the device using my old file manager, Andro Explorer, it was hard to find things. The trick is this: the device has a simulated sd card, in essence. On Andro, there is a directory ON THE DEVICE called "SD CARD." But it's not the SD card, just a simulated one. It can be confusing which is the real one and which isn't if you're using the wrong file manager or not knowing what you're doing yet. The actual SD card in the directory tree is "extSD"

If you use the native File Manager that comes with the phone, it's a lot easier getting started as it defaults to giving you choices of exploring the device or the card.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac