Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Delete icon gone from my gallery... can't delete pics

    I used to have a delete icon when viewing pics in my gallery. All I would have to do is tap on it to delete pics. Now, it's gone... and I have to either long press to select pics to delete or press menu then delete. Kind of annoying.

    Any idea how to get the delete icon back??? screenshot below (delete icon used to be in the top right with the other icons)

  2. #2  

    Default Re: Delete icon gone from my gallery... can't delete pics

    When on the photo you want to delete, click the menu button and you should see delete there
    - Using the Sony Xperia Z3! -
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Thumbs down Re: Delete icon gone from my gallery... can't delete pics

    Quote Originally Posted by smooth4lyfe View Post
    When on the photo you want to delete, click the menu button and you should see delete there
    lol, yes I know...

    Did you not read my post?
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Delete icon gone from my gallery... can't delete pics

    Quote Originally Posted by Nguyenning View Post
    lol, yes I know...

    Did you not read my post?
    Lol sorry I missed that part... I'm not sure why they removed it... I'd suggest using QuickPic as a replacement of the stock Gallery app... It's much better I think u would like it

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 Exynos via Tapatalk 4... I LOVE THIS PHONE
    - Using the Sony Xperia Z3! -
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Delete icon gone from my gallery... can't delete pics

    This last update killed several features that people actually liked and used. The delete button for you.The access of my music player for me via the lockscreen. Can we go back to the way we were?
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Delete icon gone from my gallery... can't delete pics

    I have the same problem. But it's only when the phone is in portrait mode. The delete button reappears in landscape mode.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Delete icon gone from my gallery... can't delete pics

    I seem to have the delete button still on my pictures when holding the phone in portrait mode
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Delete icon gone from my gallery... can't delete pics

    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaVictor87 View Post
    I seem to have the delete button still on my pictures when holding the phone in portrait mode
  9. #9  
    Calidoc's Avatar

    Posts
    171 Posts
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts

    Default Re: Delete icon gone from my gallery... can't delete pics

    Quote Originally Posted by taynxtlvl View Post
    This last update killed several features that people actually liked and used. The delete button for you.The access of my music player for me via the lockscreen. Can we go back to the way we were?
    I can access the music player still. Not sure what you mean.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Delete icon gone from my gallery... can't delete pics

    Quote Originally Posted by smooth4lyfe View Post
    Lol sorry I missed that part... I'm not sure why they removed it... I'd suggest using QuickPic as a replacement of the stock Gallery app... It's much better I think u would like it

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 Exynos via Tapatalk 4... I LOVE THIS PHONE
    I have QuickPic and the stock Gallery and even thought I like the way QuickPic behaves, the edit picture setting in Gallery is better than the other one .... I don't know if you have tried this feature. Do you have an advise on this ??
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Delete icon gone from my gallery... can't delete pics

    Quote Originally Posted by fantom305 View Post
    I have QuickPic and the stock Gallery and even thought I like the way QuickPic behaves, the edit picture setting in Gallery is better than the other one .... I don't know if you have tried this feature. Do you have an advise on this ??
    Yeah, I just use QuickPic for the gallery but when it comes to editing, I use the stock editing one
    Or if you want a good editing app, get this one

    Photo Editor
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d.photo.editor
    - Using the Sony Xperia Z3! -
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Delete icon gone from my gallery... can't delete pics

    Thank you, already downloaded and will give it a try. Certainly has a lot more choices than the stock editor.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Delete icon gone from my gallery... can't delete pics

    Hi guys. Been messing about with my phone and have stupidly deleted the gallery icon from my galaxy s4. Dont know how to get it back. Can anyone help please?
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Delete icon gone from my gallery... can't delete pics

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyndsey Gustafson View Post
    Hi guys. Been messing about with my phone and have stupidly deleted the gallery icon from my galaxy s4. Dont know how to get it back. Can anyone help please?
    I assume you mean you removed the gallery app icon from one of your pages. If that's the case, just long press on a blank area of a page, which will open a menu list that includes apps and widgets; click on apps and widgets to open the list of available apps and widgets; find the gallery app, click on the icon, and drag it where you want it on the page.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Delete icon gone from my gallery... can't delete pics

    Thank you! I was reading this thread, and even though it's old it has some great info.
    Quick pics and photo editor are great finds!

    Joe , Kalispell, MT
    Posted via Android Central App
    Joe F. in Montana
    Galaxy S4, Stock
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Delete icon gone from my gallery... can't delete pics

    Quote Originally Posted by prodigy1814 View Post
    I have the same problem. But it's only when the phone is in portrait mode. The delete button reappears in landscape mode.
    I have the same issue...............

    No delete button in portrait mode, only the retarded screen mirroring, share and edit.

    Anyone got any ideas? its really annoying
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Delete icon gone from my gallery... can't delete pics

    The delete icon shows up in some of my galleries but not others. Wish I could delete photos from whatever gallery I'm in...
  18. #18  

    Default my gallery was lost suddenly (icon and app itself) on my s4

    can somebody please help me on this.. how can i retrieve or restore my lost gallery.. i did not delete the icon,,suddenly it just disappeared on my phone.. thank you
  19. #19  

    Default Re: my gallery was lost suddenly (icon and app itself) on my s4

    Quote Originally Posted by angelica_rvg View Post
    can somebody please help me on this.. how can i retrieve or restore my lost gallery.. i did not delete the icon,,suddenly it just disappeared on my phone.. thank you
    I have the same problem. Just install quick pic.
  20. #20  

    Default Re: my gallery was lost suddenly (icon and app itself) on my s4

    I had the same problem. Check that your photos are not linked to Picasa Web Albums. If they are, disable through the settings of Picasa and then they will be stored in your main gallery and be deletable.!
    S4 User, Macbook Pro User, iMac User and a Tech Lover!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-05-2014, 11:47 PM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-27-2013, 10:15 AM
  3. Need Help Recovering Deleted Files! Help Please!
    By Anonymous123456789 in forum Verizon Droid DNA
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-25-2013, 02:09 AM
  4. Lock screen/icons
    By sqa4life in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-25-2013, 12:58 AM
  5. What is this Samsung Galaxy S3 Indicator Icon?
    By Erica Sommermann in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-24-2013, 10:57 PM

Posting Permissions