Moving music to my GS4 SD Card...Help!

Mark Beresford

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm have ridiculous trouble moving my full collection of digital music to my GS4 mini SD card. I have tried everything...It takes a number of songs but leaves the rest.

Iv tried connecting my phone to do this, iv used sd card adapter and inserted it directly into my laptop. I have like 35 GB of music so cant use onboard memory.

I Went through every artist and dragged and dropped them into the correct file, the computer takes ages as if they are copying but when i look on music on the GS4 player there are not there or only a few tracks are there and the others missing.

Everyone says its really easy to copy music but I have tried everything... Worked absolutely fine on my Iphone 5.

So frustrated....Please Help.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm have ridiculous trouble moving my full collection of digital music to my GS4 mini SD card. I have tried everything...It takes a number of songs but leaves the rest.

Iv tried connecting my phone to do this, iv used sd card adapter and inserted it directly into my laptop. I have like 35 GB of music so cant use onboard memory.

I Went through every artist and dragged and dropped them into the correct file, the computer takes ages as if they are copying but when i look on music on the GS4 player there are not there or only a few tracks are there and the others missing.

Everyone says its really easy to copy music but I have tried everything... Worked absolutely fine on my Iphone 5.

So frustrated....Please Help.

Welcome to the forums!
Are you using a PC or an Apple computer?

iOS Gravity

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Try copy and paste, otherwise you can use kies air to wirelessly transfer the songs from your computer to you s4. By the way, you said you had a iPhone 5. Can you check if your songs are in the iTunes music format. If it is, you should convert them to mp3 format and see what happens.

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I moved them through the files app, I select the songs and I use the move option and paste to the SD card.

Posted via Android Central App

sevike

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
tap and hold the song you want to move
tap move
tap sd card
tap dcim
create folder
then move to the created folder (e.g. music)

Fernando Aguilar1

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
For some reason i noticed that if i imported the music into sd from the blackberry app to a blackberry phone onto sd, it showed up on my music official app on the galaxy s 4
hope that helps

jammb

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I had a similar problem with my new Samsung S4. The issue turned out to be the cheap SD card I bought on eBay. I moved music over, but it magically disappeared from the sd card. I spent hours trying to get it to work, but couldn't. Finally I went up to Staples and bought a name brand SD card. It was much more expensive, but it works fine. No more lost music.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon