Correcting lag in the S4

adam1314#IM

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I am a new convert to Android and am learning a lot from the forums. I read quite a bit from the forums and other reviews online that there is lag on the S4. I experienced some lag in the beginning, but now that I am using the Nova launcher all seems to be running smoothly. I hear people bash Touchwiz all the time and I really don't understand what the big deal is with that. Doesn't changing the launcher and using Titanium Backup to freeze and remove bloatware correct all the lag issues?

I was considering trying different ROM's but so far have not seen that the risk is worth the reward since I still have a lot to learn. I have had iPhones since the first one and have always jailbroke my iPhone, but now with Android you can do so much out of the box without trying new ROM's. It is so great to not worry about losing my jailbreak.

Aaron Watson

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Not just that, people seem to bring up the lag forgetting that there has been many updates that rolled out to fix it. Especially verizon GS4s that got massive 1.8gb update that fixed everything, I asked verizon GS4s owners.

Posted via Android Central App

jwn66

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Any stutter that I had is now gone with an update last week. I even went back to the default 1x speed for those 3 dev options. And all is good, Twitter was the worst offender for me and it's smooth by default now.

thegronz

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I have serious lag using camera app in Instagram and Path, even when playing simple games. I'm using the latest software pushed, so are there any fixes for that. I have 6.1 gigs of available memory.

Thanks! :)

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I have serious lag using camera app in Instagram and Path, even when playing simple games. I'm using the latest software pushed, so are there any fixes for that. I have 6.1 gigs of available memory.

Thanks! :)

Maybe you should contact Instagram and Path then?

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Basicay any app that uses the camera, bot only those 2 apps.

You are contradicting yourself...? You just said "Basically any app that uses that camera", then you turn around and say "But only those 2 apps"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy