Lock screen widgets

nickthorley

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I would love to use lock screen widgets but I believe they only display information if the phone isnt locked - a pattern or code lock will stop the widgets appearing. Firstly is this true and if so, is there a way of getting around this?

Switching off the lock screen at various times seems stupid but if thats what I have to do then so be it but I wish their was a setting that allowed you to choose for a widget to be 1. Off, 2 be on but not show on lock screen or 2 display at all times. Display when locked is standard on apple and provided the user can override this setting then surely its upto them if vital info is seen by others?

Thanks

queenren

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it is true. As far as I know, there is no way of getting around it other than not having a pattern or code lock. Stupid...I know. I would also like to be able to at least access the camera for a quick pic, but I can't because I have a lock on it.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk HD

nickthorley

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Yep - I know its android and not samsung specific but if anyone from google / samsung reads this then please give us the option to allow widgets to be read when locked. Then its the owners choice to tick the box.

HPferoxCraft

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Using Widgetlocker you can put whatever shortcuts wherever you want, yes you would still have to enter your code but you can put them on there. You can also use the camera behind the lock without typing your code. Golocker I hear you can also use the camera but I don't use that locker anymore so haven't tested it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis