1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question simple newbie question, how to hide the keyboard when view text message threads

Has the subject says,
    I just send a text message and now i want to review the thread. Have the screen is the keyboard and message box.
    I can not figure out how to tell the keyboard to goaway. I have to be missing something really simple

thanks
    randy

Default Re: simple newbie question, how to hide the keyboard when view text message threads

Hit the back button to the right of the home button?
    Thanked by:

Default Re: simple newbie question, how to hide the keyboard when view text message threads

Hit the back button to the right of the home button?
    Doesn,t always work like this. On my old Froyo handset, I had to touch the screen outside a typing box to hide the keyboard. My more recent handset with JellyBean, the "back" softkey changes to a "keyboard hide" key.

Global Posts
    6,757 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Paries View Post
    Has the subject says,
    I just send a text message and now i want to review the thread. Have the screen is the keyboard and message box.
    I can not figure out how to tell the keyboard to goaway. I have to be missing something really simple

thanks
    randy
    Press and hold the menu button to make the keyboard go away. Pressing outside the text field should work as well.

That's interesting, is it just for the stock messaging app or is it stock keyboard related? Mine goes away by doing all three methods but I'm not on anything stock.

Don't know, but in my case, one device is an old Motorola Atrix 4G, running Froyo and the other is a fairly recent Xperia ZL running Jelly Bean 4.2.2. Could be the OS version also.