Help with yahoo messenger led notification

jadeeyedangel

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I have the yahoo messenger app installed on my phone (galaxy s4) and was able to get it to blink a purple led notification when I had a message. I had to reset the phone completely and now I that I'm trying to configure the yahoo messenger again to give me that blinking led notification I can't find where to do it.
It was a setting on the phone without having to download a second party app for led.

Any help in guiding me would be appreciated!
Thanks!

Jade

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Jade,

I just poked around in my S4 settings and only saw a check box for turning LED notification off or no. I could not find any way to customize it. I also looked in Google Hangouts (I don't have Yahoo) and again all I saw was a way to turn it on or off. I really think you need either a 3rd party app, OR an unlocked bootloader and custom ROM. Depending on which carrier you have and what update you might have trouble getting the bootloader unlocked. Verizon for example killed the last method with their most recent update.

Cinca0989

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Jade,

I'm experiencing the same issue. I used to get notifications and a purple light for new messages from yahoo messenger. My GS3 died and I got a warranty replacement today and for some reason the notifications are now gone, no matter the setting in yahoo messenger.

There must be some setting we're forgetting to toggle. I'll update this thread if I find the answer and hope you do the same.

Good luck!

Chris

David Alexander3

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
This started happening for me as well on Friday evening. I've got a Galaxy S3 and all other notifications work for me just not for yahoo and no LED. I've tried toggling notifications, uninstalling, clearing app data, all to no avail. I have however noticed other different behaviour as well. When I Sign in to yahoo via the web or normal PC YIM, it auto logs me out of the android app where is didn't used to before.

yahoo ver 1.8.3.13903
Android OS Jellybean (4.1.2)

craftybookworm

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
I know this is an old thread, but I am wondering if anyone else is still having problems with this. My phone received the 4.4.2 update yesterday and the led notifications for YM disappeared after that. Receiving new messages doesn't even turn the screen on anymore!

GreatDane303

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Same problem as craftybookworm, after upgrade to 4.4.2 led notification is gone. I confirmed app manager settings show notifications. I tried toggling setting, reinstalling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol