Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Kelestia
  • 1 Post By dugster1968
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default samsung galaxy s4 TALK to TEXT

So, while im in a text message in general id rather talk into my phone instead of texting it, but it seems the microphone icon isn't available in the text message part.... any idea why this is.. or how I enable it.. or if this is only available in driving mode. thank u.

Default Re: samsung galaxy s4 TALK to TEXT

It's usually somewhere on ur keyboard, not in the actual app. Mines on the comma but I'm using SwiftKey

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app

its not availible i guess as theres no mic icion in mine

This is the default keyboard on my gs4 and the mic is on the left side of the comma...if you dont see it long press that button and it should show up as an option.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails samsung galaxy s4 TALK to TEXT-1375288246348.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    trucky 

My talk to text is not working. I have the mic. But when i click it, it says no network available. please try again when you are connected the network. I don't know how it got disconnected nor how to reconnect.

Thanks for info. Was really getting frustrated.

I used to have a Windows phone, and it had a Talk to Text/Text to Talk function that actually "read" the text messages to me through my bluetooth headset, and allowed me to respond to them that way as well. Does the Samsung Galaxy S4 have that function as well?

my default keyboard is same except that the microphone and the cog? are reversed. I can't make my microphone come up??? Help??? Thank you!

did you get this isssue fixed? My SG4 was working fine and just a few days ago the same issue started on my phone as well. When hitting the microphone while in google, text messaging i receive the pop up message..... "No network available Please try again when you are connected to the network". Why is this happening and more importantly how do i fix it?

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

It's intermittent. Usually happens when your data connection is really low, or you have no signal.

Using my S4

Tracey, Try just holding your finger on the cog and mic button and the mic symbol will come up. Then
    hold your finger on the mic button. The cog and mic buttons will then be reversed on the keyboard.

I tried holding the key down and I get several options but the mic is not one of them?????????

I had the same problem with my mic button not showing up. Click your Menu button on the bottom left. Go to More at the top right. Go to your Application Manager. Swipe across to Turned off and make sure you have Google Search turned on. Mine was turned off. I now have the mic option under the cog button again.
    lharvill likes this.

Kelestia had the proper solution for me

i have same problem.
    i press and hold settings on the left side of space bar, i get the following options,
    T w/pencil
    clipboard
    cameraT
    cog
    smiley face
    floating keyboard

No microphone option
    Thanked by:
    lharvill likes this.

I tried that and I don't have a mic button that comes up.

Same with me! It's very frustrating.

Thank you, that is the only post that I saw that fixed my problem!

Kelestia had the fix. On mine Google Search was on, but I turned it off and then back on. Afterward the Microphone Icon was available on the text message keyboard again. Beauty and Brains, Kelestia has it all! Thanks!