Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By barner04
  • 2 Post By iOS Gravity
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    barner04's Avatar

    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

    Default New to the Samsung and Android Family

    Wussup I feel weird coming here since I've been Team Blackberry for a looooong time but after a bad experience trying out the new BB10 phones I couldn't adjust to their new os well.. Apparently my crackberry family didn't agree with my decision to switch because of it and claimed I didn't try hard enough and Go to Android central and stop "Trolling"... Either way I have now started my adapting to the Galaxy s4 and Android.. So far I'm enjoying it, does have it's growing pains.. No more BBM(until the cross release) and coming from a keypad to full touch screen phone has been rocky but I'm adjusting. I do wish it was another button to use for the camera instead of using the volume button but I like the picture quality. Anyway just wanted to say hello to my new community of Galaxy users and Android folks. Give any advice on the phone or site. I assume it's just like using Crackberry
  2. #2  

    Default Re: New to the Samsung and Android Family

    Nope. We are much nicer and ready to help. Everyone will respect your decisions here.
    T.
    Ambassador @ iMore
    neonworm and barner04 like this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    barner04's Avatar

    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

    Default Re: New to the Samsung and Android Family

    Quote Originally Posted by galaxyboy View Post
    Nope. We are much nicer and ready to help. Everyone will respect your decisions here.
    LOL glad to know.. Got kinda ugly over there.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: New to the Samsung and Android Family

    Quote Originally Posted by barner04 View Post
    LOL glad to know.. Got kinda ugly over there.
    Don't worry it is safe here
  5. #5  
    STARGATE's Avatar

    Posts
    7,248 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,578 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

    Default Re: New to the Samsung and Android Family

    Well, I don't know how's over there, but here you'll find some rotten apples from time to time.
    Although the great majority are great forum mates. :thumbup::beer:

    Anyway, welcome to the Android and Galaxy family! :thumbup:

    Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
  6. #6  

    Default Re: New to the Samsung and Android Family

    Welcome to the Android family. :-)

    I dunno that there's really any advice to give until you've had a week or so to familiarize yourself with Android. I'd hate to add to the confusion that naturally comes with changing to an unfamiliar platform.

    Best advice for the moment would be to play with it as much as possible, and drill the forums with any questions that arise.



    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    "Some see the glass as half-empty, some see the glass as half-full. I see the glass as too big."
    - George Carlin
  7. #7  

    Default Re: New to the Samsung and Android Family

    I was a crackberry a long time ago. This is a great place. Ask a question, and you'll get an answer. First thing to do is get the SwiftKey app. This app has arrows below the keyboard to move the cursor where you want it without touching the screen, if you want to. In three weeks you will laugh at BlackBerry, and never look back.

    Posted via Android Central App using my awesome S4!
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    barner04's Avatar

    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

    Default Re: New to the Samsung and Android Family

    Quote Originally Posted by thornesone View Post
    I was a crackberry a long time ago. This is a great place. Ask a question, and you'll get an answer. First thing to do is get the SwiftKey app. This app has arrows below the keyboard to move the cursor where you want it without touching the screen, if you want to. In three weeks you will laugh at BlackBerry, and never look back.

    Posted via Android Central App using my awesome S4!
    Thanks I'll have to check that out
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    barner04's Avatar

    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

    Default Re: New to the Samsung and Android Family

    Thanks for the feedback folks.. phone is growing on me..
  10. #10  
    STARGATE's Avatar

    Posts
    7,248 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,578 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

    Default Re: New to the Samsung and Android Family

    Quote Originally Posted by barner04 View Post
    Thanks for the feedback folks.. phone is growing on me..
    No problem.
    :thumbup::beer::beer:

    Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
  11. #11  
    jwn66's Avatar

    Posts
    68 Posts
    Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

    Default Re: New to the Samsung and Android Family

    Went from a 9800/Playbook to a S4/Note 8.0. You won't be disappointed, in fact it'll be the opposite, you're gonna see what you've been missing. It's so nice to have App options and actually have things that you want and won't have to whine and beg people to make apps, why don't you think it's so toxic over there now? Everyone in denial and defending there BB's with rage.

    Posted via Android Central App with Galaxy Note 8.0
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  
    barner04's Avatar

    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

    Default Re: New to the Samsung and Android Family

    Quote Originally Posted by jwn66 View Post
    Went from a 9800/Playbook to a S4/Note 8.0. You won't be disappointed, in fact it'll be the opposite, you're gonna see what you've been missing. It's so nice to have App options and actually have things that you want and won't have to whine and beg people to make apps, why don't you think it's so toxic over there now? Everyone in denial and defending there BB's with rage.

    Posted via Android Central App with Galaxy Note 8.0
    Oh yes the app library is nice.. Finally getting to join the tango, instagram and other popular apps hype lol.. But you my friend are right about the Rage comment.. Before I got this Galaxy 4 I was locked in on the Blackberry Q10 but found operating it was not a easy thing which led to my decision.. I tried expressing that with them and it turned into all out war.. Mind you I've had other people who where once Blackberry folks switch because of the difficulty with the new bb10 phones..
  13. #13  
    Mellimel22's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,466 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

    Default Re: New to the Samsung and Android Family

    Quote Originally Posted by jwn66 View Post
    Went from a 9800/Playbook to a S4/Note 8.0. You won't be disappointed, in fact it'll be the opposite, you're gonna see what you've been missing. It's so nice to have App options and actually have things that you want and won't have to whine and beg people to make apps, why don't you think it's so toxic over there now? Everyone in denial and defending there BB's with rage.

    Posted via Android Central App with Galaxy Note 8.0
    My thoughts exactly. I posted about that on crackberry lol.

    Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape running 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2
  14. #14  
    Mellimel22's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,466 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

    Default Re: New to the Samsung and Android Family

    Quote Originally Posted by barner04 View Post
    Oh yes the app library is nice.. Finally getting to join the tango, instagram and other popular apps hype lol.. But you my friend are right about the Rage comment.. Before I got this Galaxy 4 I was locked in on the Blackberry Q10 but found operating it was not a easy thing which led to my decision.. I tried expressing that with them and it turned into all out war.. Mind you I've had other people who where once Blackberry folks switch because of the difficulty with the new bb10 phones..
    Yeah brother welcome to the light lol. We are cool over this way and most of us try to help out when we can.

    Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape running 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2

Similar Threads

  1. WTS: BRAND NEW 8gb nexus 4 with extras
    By stockandroidguy in forum The Marketplace - Buy, Sell & Trade
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-26-2013, 05:32 AM
  2. Help Me Convince UAG to Create A Galaxy Note 8 Case
    By harryhoudini66 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-06-2013, 03:28 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-04-2013, 11:57 PM
  4. New Nexus 7 has no NFC secure element, No Google Wallet support.
    By chowdog13 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-01-2013, 09:50 AM
  5. Weird text message and "downloaded" app
    By Jan842 in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-31-2013, 02:47 PM

Posting Permissions