Voice Memos missing after iOS 8 update?

Shon123

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Galaxy S4 : Gallery and Camera App Issues

Hello all,

I've been having issues with both stock Gallery and Camera apps on my beloved S4. I cant be in the Gallery app for more than 1 minute without it freezing and me having to hit the home button and kill the app in the task manager. To alleviate this issue I installed ICS Gallery and it works fine. Also, my camera app sometimes will not take a picture when I hit the camera icon to take the pic. The only fix I've seen for this problem is to restart my phone. This doesn't happen as often, but I'd hate to have it happen when I'd really like to snap a great pic but can't bc the app is acting stupid and not letting me take the picture!!

Is anyone else experiencing this problem or know of any fixes?

I have the 16GB s4 from AT&T.

hunter3232

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S4 : Gallery and Camera App Issues

Shon123, I'm having the same issue. The gallery app quit working on July 30 for me. I cleared the cash and it would come back for one click. Yesterday, I was so angry, I reinstalled the OS and I'm still having the same issue. One half a$$ fix I found, was to disable the app for a minute and then re-enable. I really liked the stock gallery app too. I also noticed, if I installed ICS gallery and disable the stock gallery app, I have to install the ICS camera. The stock camera wouldn't open a photo I just took.

Something broke, and I hope they fix it soon.

JCT718

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site

+1, same issue starting August 3. It seems to be almost all visual media related for me (haven't tried music yet), since even downloading and trying to open a photo with any program causes a freeze or crash. No issues with Instagram thus far though. Hope a fix is pushed soon....

OregonRob

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site

Yeah I took a couple pics tonight and it was fine, then I downloaded a game from play store and tried doing a screens hot with swipe motion and it wouldn't work so then I got it to work with the home and power button method, now my gallery and camera won't load properly....

tsmith6luc

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site

Hello,

I'm having a problem with the camera, too.

Took c. 45 photos in a 20-minute period yesterday. When I scroll through them on the camera as a slideshow, I see just one image - call it "photo x" - from the group 45 times instead of all 45 different images. Photos I took at other times, before and after, still appear as normal. For the batch in question, the tiny thumbnails show the actual (different) photos, but when I tap any thumbnail from that batch to open, share, or edit, only photo x appears on the full screen.

When I look at all the photos from that set in an album on the phone (where they appear as larger, but not full screen images), all I see are repeated rows of photo x. As in the slide show view, when I click on any image from this group of photos, the same image, photo x, appears in full screen.

I tried copying the photos to my home computer to open them in image editing software. There, the small thumbnails show the various images as they should look, but again the large screen images are all photo x. When I look at the photos as files in my computer folder, the images are all photo x, too.

I tried opening one of the files from this group in Paint, but the image that appeared was photo x, not the actual image that I was trying to open.

So, I can only open and edit one shot, photo x, from the series of 45 photos. The rest I can only see in tiny thumbnails, and cannot open, share, or manipulate in any way.

I did restart the phone, but that did not solve the problem. Any suggestions for recovering the photos? I spent more $$ than I wanted to on this phone just for the supposedly better camera, so this problem is incredibly frustrating. Thanks for any help you can offer.

mermer12

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site

Hi guys, I *think* I may have accidentally stumbled upon a fix for the camera & gallery issues. After a few weeks of owning my sgs4, last night my gallery and camera completely froze. I desperately tried everything I could think of for hours. This morning I decided I would go to the store I bought it but in the meantime I installed a camera app. The app is called Cymera Camera. I intended only to use this, not thinking I could fix my original camera through this app but, it appears I did! After I first downloaded the app, I had a few problems with it loading my photos from my original gallery, I got frustrated and put it down for a couple hours. Picked it back up, opened Cymera once again and there were my photos, all loaded, EXCEPT a few of the most recent photos I had taken right before the crash. The boxes were showing as grey squares. Then I remembered reading, I believe in this forum, that a photo that was taken right before the crash issues may be infected and could have caused the issues. I quickly attempted to delete these 'grey squares' and it worked, they were gone & immediately after I checked my gallery and camera....whadda you know, they both worked perfectly! I believe the core issue IS that somehow a jpeg was infected and because of that we can't delete it from the gallery directly but, a separate app seemed to do the trick! Just remember, mine took awhile to load the photos into the new app so give it some time (I suggest leaving your phone alone, don't use it at all for a couple hours). Please let me know if this works for you, I truly hope it does as I know the frustration. If I wasn't clear enough in my directions, feel free to ask me to explain any detail of what I did. Good luck!

mermer12

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site

Did you fix your problem? If not, please see the post I wrote below on how I accidentally stumbled upon a fix

Kevin Matthew

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site

That worked for me!

SO Annoyed though that we are having these problems with an Advanced Phone.. I switched from IPhone and to be honest I love the Samsung but there are a few things..LIKE LOSING 150 photos from my SD Card and the Camera viewer problem that makes me wonder.

Shon123

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site

Update: I'm not experiencing these problems anymore after the update AT&T pushed out a while ago.

eddy28

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site

Hey there we finally found a fix, we even whent and did a factory reset it didn't work after my Fiancee installed avg and scan her S4! TADA!! problem fix!
hope it helps.

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site

Hey there we finally found a fix, we even whent and did a factory reset it didn't work after my Fiancee installed avg and scan her S4! TADA!! problem fix!
hope it helps.

You say you installed AVG and then scanned your phone. What were the results of that scan? Were any threats detected? If so, what threats?

Sanjay Chandra

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

After updating to 4.3 (official) , Camera launches super fast than before.

I am using QuickPic app which is way faster and lot better than default gallery app.

Sanjay Chandra

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

Hello,

I'm having a problem with the camera, too.

Took c. 45 photos in a 20-minute period yesterday. When I scroll through them on the camera as a slideshow, I see just one image - call it "photo x" - from the group 45 times instead of all 45 different images. Photos I took at other times, before and after, still appear as normal. For the batch in question, the tiny thumbnails show the actual (different) photos, but when I tap any thumbnail from that batch to open, share, or edit, only photo x appears on the full screen.

When I look at all the photos from that set in an album on the phone (where they appear as larger, but not full screen images), all I see are repeated rows of photo x. As in the slide show view, when I click on any image from this group of photos, the same image, photo x, appears in full screen.

I tried copying the photos to my home computer to open them in image editing software. There, the small thumbnails show the various images as they should look, but again the large screen images are all photo x. When I look at the photos as files in my computer folder, the images are all photo x, too.

I tried opening one of the files from this group in Paint, but the image that appeared was photo x, not the actual image that I was trying to open.

So, I can only open and edit one shot, photo x, from the series of 45 photos. The rest I can only see in tiny thumbnails, and cannot open, share, or manipulate in any way.

I did restart the phone, but that did not solve the problem. Any suggestions for recovering the photos? I spent more $$ than I wanted to on this phone just for the supposedly better camera, so this problem is incredibly frustrating. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Do you have Dropbox autobackup turned on for pics ? or G+ autobackup ?

If its not , I don't think there is a way.

Have you tried using a 3rd party gallery app or file manager (and navigate to where camera pics are stored) ?

Crystal Keating

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

This issue needs addressed ASAP! Over it! About to quit buying Samsung bcuz of this and I usually love galaxy phones! Loved my S2! Was wonderful. What happened with this one? Please fix this issue

chelsea2527

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site

I tried installing the quickpic app but all my photos that I had taken and that were in my old gallery didnt transfer. They were the "grey squares"... I just want my pictures back!

shean rodrigues

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site

facing this issue only after the 4.3 update! its reli irritating have to keep removing my battery and restart my phone! crashes all the bloody time! cant even re-install the OS! some1 please help me!