extended battery w/o bulk?

hazmat47

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
hi
i have been searching around and was wondering...
is there an extended battery out there that doesnt add extra bulk?
any suggestions would be appreciated

thanks

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

I think its a given that if you want extra capacity it will come at a price in increased battery size. Battery manufactures are squeezing as much possible into the given space so it only makes sense, more capacity = bigger design/case.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Also, be weary of 3rd party batteries that CLAIM to deliver more power in the same size as the standard battery. Often these are of poor quality and despite their claimed capacity, don't perform as well as the stock factory batteries do, and usually do not have NFC support either.

Not saying that ALL 3rd party batteries are crap, but just be sure to research before you buy if you come across one.

sharpehenry

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Zerolemon 3000mah claims to have same size factor but reviews tell otherwise. Read reviews carefully and don't trust 100% manufaturers' claim.

I am also looking slight bigger battery that fits my original back cover but it's hard to find.

Posted via Android Central App

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm just guessing here, but I would imagine that Samsung would pack as much battery as they possibly could into the S4 form factor before ever selling a single one. Every manufacturer wants to claim long talk and standby times and they can't achieve that without a robust battery. I've seen a few aftermarket batteries who claim to be the same size as stock yet boost capacity by a few hundred mAh. I've yet to see feedback on any of those that actually works better than the factory battery. Good point above about NFC capabilities, if that's important to you.

sharpehenry

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Hello,

I think its a given that if you want extra capacity it will come at a price in increased battery size. Battery manufactures are squeezing as much possible into the given space so it only makes sense, more capacity = bigger design/case.

see razr maxx, droid maxx