Google Maps doesn't remember my recent searches. Why?

Calidoc

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
In my history of searches, it doesn't remember things I've searched. Randomly, it lists a number of places I searched for a few weeks ago, but that's it. Those places are constantly in my search history, but they are it. I don't understand why if I search for "Target" why doesn't it continue to appear in my search history?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Go to your All Apps screen, tap Google Settings, then Search. Make sure Web History is turned on.

Calidoc

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Go to your All Apps screen, tap Google Settings, then Search. Make sure Web History is turned on.

But that turns on the feature which sync my web search history across devices. That's not what I want. I just want Maps to remember my Maps searches. I don't want my Chrome on my S4 to show up all my google searches from all my devices.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
But Google essentially syncs all of your searches across your devices and the cloud--it's the whole cloud philosophy. I don't think there's any way for Google Maps to remember search results locally only.

girlgalaxy

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
This was my question too - on my EVO, I used Telenav and it would give me a list of recent searches. I used it all the time like if I looked up an address the day before I went somewhere and wanted to pull it up again the next day, but now, you have to start over every single time and it's annoying. Are there any simple map apps that just give directions and are not constantly trying to suggest restaurants and link my internet searches to my maps?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Wow, 3-year old thread. Anyway, sure, they can write whatever they want. But you'd have to talk to the folks over at 1600 Amphitheater Drive to tell them what to write.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie