So after getting my Note 8.0, I regret getting my Galaxy S4.

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Nothing against the phone personally.

When I bought the S4, I wanted the greatest latest hardware from Samsung. I think it is a marvelous phone.

I bought the Note 8 2 weeks ago. After using my ATT Note 8, I wish I held out for the Note 3 coming out later on this year or even buy the Note 2.0.

I will probably end up trading my S4 plus some cash when the time comes for a Note 3.

The SPen and Samsung's added features were more worthwhile than I realized.

Anybody else feels this way? This is more curiosity than anything else.

I still think that the S4 is currently the best phone in its class, but probably wasn't the best phone for me.

Zambzuk

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I got my s4 just over a week ago and I love it, going to getting a note 8 in the next couple days, it was a random encounter with a phone sales person that bought out my contract and got me upgraded that landed me with the s4 and never thought about the note 2 at all, but I'm quite content with the s4 , I'm going to be using my note 8 for research for my story world, book and film script.

How's your experience with the note 8, s note/memo will be my goto app, loving it on the s4 even without a pen.

I'm also stuck between using chrome and samsung a Internet browser.

Do you use touchwiz or another launcher?

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I got my s4 just over a week ago and I love it, going to getting a note 8 in the next couple days, it was a random encounter with a phone sales person that bought out my contract and got me upgraded that landed me with the s4 and never thought about the note 2 at all, but I'm quite content with the s4 , I'm going to be using my note 8 for research for my story world, book and film script.

How's your experience with the note 8, s note/memo will be my goto app, loving it on the s4 even without a pen.

I'm also stuck between using chrome and samsung a Internet browser.

Do you use touchwiz or another launcher?

I use touchwiz. One thing you will notice with the Note 8, even though it has a lesser processor than the S4, it runs just as smooth because it has less sensors/touchwiz features to manage. I am using Chrome beta as a browser, I prefer Chrome because of the syncing features it offers. I use the beta because it usually has faster updates than the stock version. I believe that the built in browser supports flash, but that is a feature I don't care about so I don't even bother.

I even bought a case with a detachable keyboard for it for longer notes or write ups and ended up not using the keyboard because the SPen works so well.
Other thing I did was get a bluetooth mouse for it, but that was to make my life easier when I am remote controlling into a PC. It is also probably the only time I bring out the bluetooth keyboard now.

I have an iPad mini for development and the only other reason I ever touch the iPad mini is to the read the magazine subscriptions that I have that only support the Apple Ecosystem.

For what I wanted and needed, the Note 8 was worth every premium penny.

altruisticbees

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
I feel the same way. The s4 is a great phone but I really, really miss my Note 2. I got the s4 because my Note 2 died, but I'm really missing the s pen. I might do as you mentioned, selling the s4 and getting a Note 3 when it comes out.

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Got a S4 and love it. I also got a Note 8 and returned it after 2 weeks, not because I didn't like it. I thought it was fantastic, so good that I sold my Ipad mini. My little problem is that I am lusting after the Note 3. The S Pen with the Note 8 was great, much better than I expected. I like having the latest and greatest and the Note 3, with my MacBook Pro, might do everything I need.

Last edited:

starbuckk

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
These are really two different devices with different purposes. Do you really want to carry around a big Note 2 or 3 as a phone? The note 2 is good for some, fair enough. But to me it is an attempt to marry two devices and not sufficient for either. I dont want a tablet that small or a phone that big. So I have a Note 10.1 and an S4. They work together perfectly for me. I am never too far away from my geek toys :).

Make sure you have them syncing together. Get an ikross small tip stylus for the s4. I think using both devices synergisticly you will reunite with your S4.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
These are really two different devices with different purposes. Do you really want to carry around a big Note 2 or 3 as a phone? The note 2 is good for some, fair enough. But to me it is an attempt to marry two devices and not sufficient for either. I dont want a tablet that small or a phone that big. So I have a Note 10.1 and an S4. They work together perfectly for me. I am never too far away from my geek toys :).

Make sure you have them syncing together. Get an ikross small tip stylus for the s4. I think using both devices synergisticly you will reunite with your S4.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

I tried using a stylus on the S4 and it just didn't behave the same as it does with the Note. To myself I want all the features that the Note 8 provides on a phone. I wouldn't use a Note 2 as an all in one. I have forms and contracts now on my Note 8. It makes it easier to hand over an 8 inch screen to have somebody sign/fill out the paper work. I thought about a Note 10.1 but ATT no longer sells it.