Sandisk Extreme 64GB

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I had been wanting a 64GB card for my S4 and had been eyeing the Sandisk Extreme. A few folks mentioned it would make no difference in the S4 and not to bother with the Extreme. Well, I had been getting 7.5 MB/s writes and 17 MB/s reads with a 32GB a Sandisk Ultra. With the Sandisk Extreme I'm getting 14.6 MB/s writes and 20.9 MB/s reads.

Is almost 2x write speed and an almost 4MB/s increase in reads worth the $45 premium over an Ultra 64GB? I'm leaning towards yes. Especially given that the Note 3 may (may) support UHS-1.

Sent from my Note 8.0 LTE

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I had been wanting a 64GB card for my S4 and had been eyeing the Sandisk Extreme. A few folks mentioned it would make no difference in the S4 and not to bother with the Extreme. Well, I had been getting 7.5 MB/s writes and 17 MB/s reads with a 32GB a Sandisk Ultra. With the Sandisk Extreme I'm getting 14.6 MB/s writes and 20.9 MB/s reads.

Is almost 2x write speed and an almost 4MB/s increase in reads worth the $45 premium over an Ultra 64GB? I'm leaning towards yes. Especially given that the Note 3 may (may) support UHS-1.

Sent from my Note 8.0 LTE

Thanks for that tip. Didn't notice the difference between the "ultra" and the "extreme" before..The cheapest I have seen the SanDisk Extreme 64gb is $98.72, whereas,. the Sandisk Ultra is running $50 to $60 .. A lot of vendors on ebay are saying that the card is an "extreme ultra" in their discription, but nothing on the card says "extreme" and those prices are in the $50 to $75.. The fast one like you mention cost more..

I think I will go for the extra speed too. Just a one time expenditure.

MikeBinOK

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Do you do something with your phone that will use the extra speed? I'm happy with my Ultra, though I only use my Sd card for media and for storing data for nature guidebooks and a GPS app.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Do you do something with your phone that will use the extra speed? I'm happy with my Ultra, though I only use my Sd card for media and for storing data for nature guidebooks and a GPS app.

I copy a good amount of files to and from the phone, music...videos. Like the phone itself, the speed is a luxury, but a luxury I do appreciate.

Sent from my Eclipsed S4

AcemanX AcemanX

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
This SD card, touted the fastest largest in the world, SANDISK INTRODUCES WORLD , is the perfect companion to the fastest most advanced phone in the world, the Note 3 (It has world firsts like MicroUSB 3.0 and 3GB RAM, not to mention a Snapdragon 800, fastest quad core out there and world first to record in ultra HD, 4K...) The specs of the Extreme is 80 read and 50 write, but these are actually underestimated, benchmarked here Sandisk Extreme microSDXC UHS-I 64GB Memory Card Review - Legit ReviewsSanDisk Extreme 64GB microSDXC Card they acheived 95MB read and 61MB write, which destroys any class 10 sd card out there, there are no cards that come close to these speeds in microsd form, thats almost 100MB read...like mentioned the Note 3 can record in 4K which the extreme is designed in mind with, 60FPS HD and 120FPS HD (HD Slow Mo), its quick shot takes 22 pictures in 3 seconds, this sd card is perfect, with these 2 in your hands, youll have the bleeding edge of technology in the palm of your hand...its on ebay for 84 to 87 right now, Im going to sell the Ultra verison of this card and pay up the difference...it's going to be a huge difference in peformance and you'll be walking around with an insane total of 96GB before OS files and such...rofl

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
This SD card, touted the fastest largest in the world, SANDISK INTRODUCES WORLD , is the perfect companion to the fastest most advanced phone in the world, the Note 3 (It has world firsts like MicroUSB 3.0 and 3GB RAM, not to mention a Snapdragon 800, fastest quad core out there and world first to record in ultra HD, 4K...) The specs of the Extreme is 80 read and 50 write, but these are actually underestimated, benchmarked here Sandisk Extreme microSDXC UHS-I 64GB Memory Card Review - Legit ReviewsSanDisk Extreme 64GB microSDXC Card they acheived 95MB read and 61MB write, which destroys any class 10 sd card out there, there are no cards that come close to these speeds in microsd form, thats almost 100MB read...like mentioned the Note 3 can record in 4K which the extreme is designed in mind with, 60FPS HD and 120FPS HD (HD Slow Mo), its quick shot takes 22 pictures in 3 seconds, this sd card is perfect, with these 2 in your hands, youll have the bleeding edge of technology in the palm of your hand...its on ebay for 84 to 87 right now, Im going to sell the Ultra verison of this card and pay up the difference...it's going to be a huge difference in peformance and you'll be walking around with an insane total of 96GB before OS files and such...rofl

Do we know for sure that the Note 3 supports UHS-1? That's required to achieve those high read and write speeds.

Note 8.0

AcemanX AcemanX

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Do we know for sure that the Note 3 supports UHS-1? That's required to achieve those high read and write speeds.

Note 8.0

After much research it looks like the Note 3 doesn't support UHS-1 although I haven't confirmed it but these have shown similar results compared to S4, so most likely, it does not support but 14MBps is twice as fast as 7mbps so i will be selling my ultra and getting the extreme

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
After much research it looks like the Note 3 doesn't support UHS-1 although I haven't confirmed it but these have shown similar results compared to S4, so most likely, it does not support but 14MBps is twice as fast as 7mbps so i will be selling my ultra and getting the extreme
Right on!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon