Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By FaisDogg
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Alternative Headphones

I was just wondering what are some alternative option. My main concern is the headset controller. Everyday I go for runs and gym and well thats why its a big factor for the controller to work. Is there a way to make other branded headphones aside from the stock samsung headphones to work (controller)?

Default Re: Alternative Headphones

Quote Originally Posted by thecure13 View Post
    I was just wondering what are some alternative option. My main concern is the headset controller. Everyday I go for runs and gym and well thats why its a big factor for the controller to work. Is there a way to make other branded headphones aside from the stock samsung headphones to work (controller)?
    How about those wireless headset? It would be convenient and less messy when you do your workouts.

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Thanked by:

I am addicted to the sound quality and durability of Bose MIE2 headphones. Plus they have the best customer service. I originally purchased ie1 but a month after warranty was expired, I noticed minor problem with one of the earphones, one phone call, they sent me the newer MIE2 free of charge. Plus their wires are really good quality, tangle free. I also like klipsch S4i for the sound but build quality is not that great.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    thecure13 likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Wirless sounds cool but I also want a nice sound quality. If you guys wouldnt mind linking me the ones your using? I wanna buy them today since I have some money hahah.

Wirless sounds cool but I also want a nice sound quality. If you guys wouldnt mind linking me the ones your using? I wanna buy them today since I have some money hahah.
    For bluetooth, I personally like the Moto S9 HD's for the combination of good volume, sound quality, good signal reception range (don't have to worry about where I put my phone while working out) and controls, but the rigid around the neck band is not everyone's cup of tea, plus they are no longer made though still available off ebay and Amz. Dunno about the newest version (S11's), but I felt the S10's were a step backward from the S9's in terms of sound quality and controls. For a more compact sports bluetooth headset, I like the Jabra Sport phones, they are ear hook style with ok controls, Endomondo Integration and built in FM tuner - I don't think the sound is as good as the S9's, but its not bad. The main issue I have with these is the signal reception range is less than the S9's (if you use an armband pouch you should be ok) and the flexible rubber behind the neck cord gets a little sticky when you sweat but the controls appear to be sweat proof, which is not necessarily the case for the S9's although I have been able restore lost functionality from sweat intrusion by just letting them dry out for awhile. Jabra also makes a corded version of the ear hook Sport Headphones that has an in line volume jack and track skip/pause/play button on the cord.

The most popular/highest rated (and reasonably priced) headset appears to be the LG Tone and LG Tone+ (newer model), but I am personally not a fan of "in the ear" phones because of my small ear canals and want to have some ambient noise awareness when doing road running. Plus I am not sure how "sweat proof" the phones are.

Good luck.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by vferrari View Post

Good luck.

Wow awesome thanks!!!! So in termes of the controller, they all work with the s4 or theres something else I need (app) to make them work

They will all control the media player (native or even most third party apps) to skip tracks, start, pause and have a local volume control (you can independently set the output level on your phone, the headsets will control the volume using that level as a reference (i.e., 0 to max volume=to the bt output level you set on the phone). The equalizer settings on your media player should also pass through to the headset (some advanced features such as 7.1 and spatial effects are sometimes disabled by the local app for BT output vs. wired headphone output). Good luck.

Download headset button controller. You can map the buttons to functions. Works with any headset with controller. Full version isn't free but the trial lasts a good while and its worth buying rather buying a new set of compatible headphones when you already have some.

Posted via Android Central App
    Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini

The Basics: Unlocking and Rooting - http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...hing-roms.html

Quote Originally Posted by scorpiodsu View Post
    Download headset button controller. You can map the buttons to functions. Works with any headset with controller. Full version isn't free but the trial lasts a good while and its worth buying rather buying a new set of compatible headphones when you already have some.

Is this for bluetooth, wired or both types of headsets?

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

They will all control the media player (native or even most third party apps) to skip tracks, start, pause and have a local volume control (you can independently set the output level on your phone, the headsets will control the volume using that level as a reference (i.e., 0 to max volume=to the bt output level you set on the phone). The equalizer settings on your media player should also pass through to the headset (some advanced features such as 7.1 and spatial effects are sometimes disabled by the local app for BT output vs. wired headphone output). Good luck.

Im looking to get later today LG Tone+. Have read good things so far. Quick question and I dont know if you own one but how do the controls work? Sinces theres no wires.

Is this for bluetooth, wired or both types of headsets?

Not sure. Only tried with wired.

Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini

The Basics: Unlocking and Rooting - http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...hing-roms.html
    Thanked by:
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

I ended up getting the LG Tone+. So far, completely satisfied. Thanks a bunch!!!

Global Posts
    335 Global Posts

Save yourself an awful lot of money by getting some of these bad boys:

I've got 2 in-ear ones and 1 over-ear one. The sound on them is amazing (like Beats - have had some of those before), the remote on the cable works with any device (Galaxy Note 2, Kindle Fire HD, Nokia Lumia 900). The remote can answer and hang up calls, skip tracks etc..

The colours on their website are accurate.

I've spent only 50 on 3 sets, for that money I wouldn't even be able to buy a Beats headset..

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by scorpiodsu View Post
    Not sure. Only tried with wired.

I'll try this with my wired Jabra Sports. It has a remote but seems to control in a random manner. Thanks

Sent from my GT-N5110 using AC Forums mobile app

I ended up getting the LG Tone+. So far, completely satisfied. Thanks a bunch!!!
    Glad you enjoyed it

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta