1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Otterbox commuter proximity sensor issue

Does anyone that has the commuter case have problems with the proximity sensor? If I make a call and place the phone to my ear the screen turns off. When I take the phone from my ear the screen doesn't come back on. I knew this was a problem with the defender but hadn't heard of it being a problem with the commuter

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

Default Re: Otterbox commuter proximity sensor issue

Maybe you can cut the case away from the sensor a little more. If be sure it's not a problem with the device first. Have you treated without a case?

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yes the proximity sensor works without the case. And it looks like air gestures aren't working either
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Just tried the proximity sensor without the case and it still isn't working. The proximity sensor does work to turn off the screen but won't turn it back on

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

You can easily test if this is a hardware issue by going into the phone's dial pad and entering *#0*#
    Hit the Sensor test and then place your palm over the top of the phone. The phone should vibrate and the screen should turn green.

I have an Otterbox Defender and my sensors work, but TouchWiz is VERY buggy. Most of my sensor-related functions work except the Palm Motion functions and the Smart Stay.
    Thanked by:
    sdsrn 
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by pynkfloydd View Post
    You can easily test if this is a hardware issue by going into the phone's dial pad and entering *#0*#
    Hit the Sensor test and then place your palm over the top of the phone. The phone should vibrate and the screen should turn green.

I have an Otterbox Defender and my sensors work, but TouchWiz is VERY buggy. Most of my sensor-related functions work except the Palm Motion functions and the Smart Stay.
    That menu is not available. I have a Verizon gs4

I downloaded an app called cpu-z and its give you hardware related info and real time sensor readings. If you install it and go to the sensor tab look for proximity sensor. My Verizon s4 reads 8.0cm when nothing is near my sensor and when I put my hand there it drops to
    0cm.

Posted via Android Central App

thanks for the Link to cpuz . i had issue on new droid maxx with Otterbox defender cut upper left hole wider with xacto and all good.
    Thanks Be Well.