Otterbox commuter proximity sensor issue

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone that has the commuter case have problems with the proximity sensor? If I make a call and place the phone to my ear the screen turns off. When I take the phone from my ear the screen doesn't come back on. I knew this was a problem with the defender but hadn't heard of it being a problem with the commuter

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Maybe you can cut the case away from the sensor a little more. If be sure it's not a problem with the device first. Have you treated without a case?

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Just tried the proximity sensor without the case and it still isn't working. The proximity sensor does work to turn off the screen but won't turn it back on

pynkfloydd

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
You can easily test if this is a hardware issue by going into the phone's dial pad and entering *#0*#
Hit the Sensor test and then place your palm over the top of the phone. The phone should vibrate and the screen should turn green.

I have an Otterbox Defender and my sensors work, but TouchWiz is VERY buggy. Most of my sensor-related functions work except the Palm Motion functions and the Smart Stay.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
You can easily test if this is a hardware issue by going into the phone's dial pad and entering *#0*#
Hit the Sensor test and then place your palm over the top of the phone. The phone should vibrate and the screen should turn green.

I have an Otterbox Defender and my sensors work, but TouchWiz is VERY buggy. Most of my sensor-related functions work except the Palm Motion functions and the Smart Stay.

That menu is not available. I have a Verizon gs4

David B79

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded an app called cpu-z and its give you hardware related info and real time sensor readings. If you install it and go to the sensor tab look for proximity sensor. My Verizon s4 reads 8.0cm when nothing is near my sensor and when I put my hand there it drops to
0cm.

Posted via Android Central App

Jason Griese

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
thanks for the Link to cpuz . i had issue on new droid maxx with Otterbox defender cut upper left hole wider with xacto and all good.
Thanks Be Well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol