How to create folders in sd card?

Nestles03

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm new to Android, having recently traded in my iPhone 4 for a Samsung Galaxy S4, so I'm sure I'll have lots of questions.
First: Trying to transfer ringtones to the S4 (already installed Kies). One post suggested creating a folder called "Media" on your sd-card. Inside the Media folders create 3 more folders "Ringtones", "Alarms" and "Notifications". I cant't figure out how to do this, but given the large volume of stored music, I like the idea of subfolders for ringtones. What are the next steps, or is there a better way to transfer ringtones? NOte: When I transferred music from iTunes to Kies, none of the ringtones transferred.
Thanks in advance for your help!

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Download a better file manager like es file explorer. Tap new then folder. You can create folders on the native app but es file explorer is a great file manager.

You can make any audio file a ringtone. In settings > my device > sounds > ringtones > add. Select your file manager (es file explorer if used) and navigate to the file you want and it becomes your ringtone.

Posted via Android Central App

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm new to Android, having recently traded in my iPhone 4 for a Samsung Galaxy S4, so I'm sure I'll have lots of questions.
First: Trying to transfer ringtones to the S4 (already installed Kies). One post suggested creating a folder called "Media" on your sd-card. Inside the Media folders create 3 more folders "Ringtones", "Alarms" and "Notifications". I cant't figure out how to do this, but given the large volume of stored music, I like the idea of subfolders for ringtones. What are the next steps, or is there a better way to transfer ringtones? NOte: When I transferred music from iTunes to Kies, none of the ringtones transferred.
Thanks in advance for your help!

Like the other guy said use es file explorer its a powerful free app you can create new folders easily see the little plus sign at the bottom left? Press it and that menu comes up its that easy :) or you could use a computer when you mount your storage rite click the folders click new then make your sub folders its easy :)

Sent from my HTC One X+ using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1375647066396.jpg
    1375647066396.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 28

Nestles03

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Thank you guys! Your quick response is simple, easy and dead-on! I will definitely be back with more questions as I delve deeper into my new phone.

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Not the original poster but i thought you would like to see this as you said its a transition from ios

Hello,

I would like to say that I have Recently Downloaded an app called Instacontacts in my Android Phone this is a really very nice app  and it helps in saving contacts, from android, and iphone as well it also transfer our contacts to android to iphone and iphone to android. When we save our contacts in this app it stores in a secure cloud if we try to save same contacts again it says that duplicate contact, that is really a nice feature I had Nearly 4000 contacts in my phone but with this app I never lose a single contact. This is also help as a business card it collects our information and change the data into a beautifully designed business card I was really happy for this no need to carry always my business card with Me thanks to InstaContacts and I Recommend this app to everyone because this also have a bump feature and QR scan to share our contact with our friends, relatives, colleagues and all. Now I can say Good bye to typing the contact Each Time .

For downloading this app search for "Instacontacts" without any spaces between Insta and contacts or Visit Here

Ahalya reddy
Software Consultants (TCS)

Sent from my HTC One X+ using AC Forums mobile app

Nestles03

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
OK, I'm back. I changed the ringtone for one contact and somehow it's now the default ringtone (don't want it to be). So I went to Settings, My Device, Sound and Ringtones. Instead of seeing a list of ringtones, the phone now lists a bunch of folders under: /storage/emulated/0. Here are my questions:
1. Where are the ringtones stored?
2. How can I toggle/switch back to the original view (original ringtone list)?
3. When I changed the ringtone for one contact, I did it by editing that contact's settings. Any idea what I did wrong that changed the default ringtone?

Again, thanks so much in advance for your help!

Subhan Ahmed

May 19, 2014
Visit site
I also want an help so please help me i have mounted my 32 gb sd card but when i go to sd card it shown 1 folder with the name Lost.dir .
I want to play gangstar vegas but i do not have an android folder in sd card so where can i paste the com. Folder of ganagstar vegas
So my question is how can i make android folder in sd card ?
Can i copy android folder from internal memory to sd card
Please tell me please

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
In settings> Application manager, navigate to "Folder of ganagstar vegas" > If it can be copied and played from the external SD card you will see an option "Move to SD card" selecting that will move the folder/game to the external SD card. Android will create the required folders when you copy the file. You may want to create a shortcut to the game

NOTE some carriers block apps being moved to the external SD card since the upgrade to KitKat (4.4.2).

Last edited:

Subhan Ahmed

May 19, 2014
Visit site
In this tablet i have 4 gb built in sd card when i touch "Move to Sd card" the app move to built in sd card not external sd card
And also tell me how to make android folder in sd card
And thanks

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
In this tablet i have 4 gb built in sd card when i touch "Move to Sd card" the app move to built in sd card not external sd card
And also tell me how to make android folder in sd card
And thanks
Format the card in the phone. I have never had to "create" an Android folder for any external sd card..... But have always formated new cards on insertion.

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
If i format my 32 gb sd card will it make android folder in sd card

I inserted a blank fat 32 formatted card into my S4 now. It immediately showed up on ES File Explorer as an external SDcard complete with two folders. "android" and "lost" see attached screenshot.
Formatting the same card in the phone made no difference after format the same two folder showed up

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5l95y3efhrghmcu/Screenshot_2014-05-20-14-25-00.png

If you nothing on the SD card that you want to save, I'd say go ahead and format in the phone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs