Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By shanghaichica
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S4 memory card

Hi I am new in the forums and please forgive my mistakes.
    Im currently going to buy Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 but Im not sure about the sd card I will prefer.
    I have done lots of search and found these:

The Sandisk is very fast but has some issues with Galaxy phones (esp:S3). Not sure about S4 (Anyone tried??).
    The kingstons price is near SanDisk but not sure about that.
    The Samsung seems familiar and I dont think that I will have issues with that but not that speedy :S

And I am not sure wich class I will get either. I was thinking about class10 but it seems like the class4 has much more random write speed. I will root my phone and install apps on it and record full hd video.

Any Ideas? Thx.

Default Re: Galaxy S4 memory card

Well, I've tried SanDisk cards on a Note 2, S3, and S4 and have all gone bonkers. Currently I use an A-Data card (Samsung supplies the chips for them), and so far they're good. But if certainty is on your mind, go with the Samsung ones (albeit more expensive).

As for the Class, the OPTIMAL option would be a Class 10 because of the writing speeds of HD Video. However, a Class 4 should also work fine, although you'd be pushing it to the limit and MAY drop some frames or have some funky behavior. That being said, my card is a Class 4 and I've been recording FullHD video without an issue. The last one I took was from a continuous 40-minute Disney show and not a single frame was dropped.

Also remember that now you don't need to root your phone just to move apps to the SD card; the latest Samsung update allows you to do just that (of course, that also depends on the carrier you're getting it from and if it has already released the update).
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thx for your reply it helped a lot
    Currently Having a NOKIA 5228
    Going to change with GALAXY S4 I9500 *-*
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by SpookDroid View Post
    bonkers
    What do you mean with it ?
    Thx

Here you go... I personally liked the second definition :P hehe (Short version, they failed and unmounted themselves randomly)

Urban Dictionary: bonkers
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Guys you are great.
    Thanks for your explanation SpookDroid, sorry for bad english. Planing to buy a samsung or kingston. (Samsung is 1st option)
    Great to be a member of this forum

I have had san disks all the way.. no probs.. currently class 10 32gb in galaxy s4 and 64gb in xperia tablet. No issues very quick.
    Also ... apps to sd is awful if you are a gamer. Both my phone and tab are 16gb internal . I made the consumer mistake of thinking that I can just put all apps on sdxc cards. I dont do camera and only other thing I keep on sd card is emulation roms as I have been heavily involved in arcade preservation since the early 2000's... both my phone and tablet are maxed out on memory whilst both cards are almost empty. Imo sd cards are not a selling feature as a gamer.

Posted via Android Central App
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Thank you.

I've had 3 San disk 32gb cards. Two worked fine and one was bad. I'm looking to get a 64GB card to replace the 32 gb in my S4. I think I'll get the Samsung one as they are pretty expensive and I don't want it crapping out on me.

Posted via my S4/Tab 2
    Live Long and Prosper!

I have been using a san disk 32gb card and I have had no issues, I think sometimes its an issue of bad sd cards not necessarily the device.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4

Quote Originally Posted by realsuprimo View Post
    I have been using a san disk 32gb card and I have had no issues, I think sometimes its an issue of bad sd cards not necessarily the device.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4
    You are probably right. I've got one that I've been using for 18 months and it's still going strong. I've used it in 3 different handsets and never had any problems. It's only because my dad bought a San disk one for his S4 and it stopped working after a few weeks. He's now bought a Samsung one.

Posted via my S4/Tab 2
    Live Long and Prosper!
    realsuprimo likes this.

Hello, I'm in need of some help please. I've had my S4 for sometime now. Thw internal memory is 32gb and I have a 32gb Lexar SD inserted. At first it was reading it now it's showing like there's no SD card there (has been for a while). Is it something i'm doing wrong or are they cancelling each other out because of the same GB amount? Please help... :-(. My phone's internal memory has been giving me memory warnings and sometimes go black and freezes on me.