1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Bringing Google search back once exited?

Edit: OK, after I thought I tried the home button hold/recent app lost unsuccessfully it does show there.... disregard everything below :-)

So everytime I do a Google search and then, say, hit the home button, I can't find a way to get back to my search.

If I click the Google search bar/widget or hold the menu button I have to do a brand new search. Is there any way to bring my last search results back without doing a brand new search?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    6,754 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Bringing Google search back once exited?

Quote Originally Posted by darigaaz12 View Post
    Edit: OK, after I thought I tried the home button hold/recent app lost unsuccessfully it does show there.... disregard everything below :-)

So everytime I do a Google search and then, say, hit the home button, I can't find a way to get back to my search.

If I click the Google search bar/widget or hold the menu button I have to do a brand new search. Is there any way to bring my last search results back without doing a brand new search?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app
    Glad you found the answer - holding home for recent apps will get you back to your search results for anyone searching the same topic.
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Bringing Google search back once exited?

Ah...thank you!!!

This is one that has always bugged me. Using the browser on a computer, I always have the option set to "open search results in new window" because I like being able to quickly go back if the first thing I click on isn't what I was looking for, but it always annoyed me when using the search bar in Android that if I went back to it, I'd have to re-do the search. Good to know!