- 5 Posts
Using ES File Explorer, and setting ringtones
Some more questions from an Android newbie!
As suggested, I downloaded ES File Explorer and used it to create sub-folders for ringtones and such.
I then changed the ringtone for one contact and somehow it's now the default ringtone (don't want it to be). So I went to Settings, My Device, Sound and Ringtones. Instead of seeing a list of ringtones, the phone now lists a bunch of folders under: /storage/emulated/0. Here are my questions:
1. Where are the ringtones stored?
2. How can I toggle/switch back to the original view (original ringtone list)?
3. When I changed the ringtone for one contact, I did it by editing that contact's settings. Any idea what I did wrong that changed the default ringtone?
Thanks in advance for your help again!
- - - Updated - - -
Forgot to mention this is on a Samsung Galaxy S4. (still learning the ropes!)
- 08-05-2013, 06:59 PM #2
You have to make sure you navigate to lowest parent folder to get to the system folder. Side note, I havent seen so much trouble related to ringtones lol. I thought they went out of style . J/k.
Posted via Android Central App
- 10-07-2013, 11:26 PM #4
- 103 Posts
Re: Using ES File Explorer, and setting ringtones
- 02-01-2014, 10:59 PM #5
- By MAK85 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 2Last Post: 11-06-2013, 08:05 AM
- By dotsgurl in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 11-05-2013, 05:18 PM
- By william hutson in forum Nexus 4 Rooting, ROMs, & HacksReplies: 7Last Post: 08-06-2013, 09:08 PM
- By cutesymin in forum Samsung Galaxy NoteReplies: 3Last Post: 08-06-2013, 02:56 PM
- By rzessinger84 in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 1Last Post: 08-05-2013, 03:13 PM