Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By harryhoudini66
  • 1 Post By harryhoudini66
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy S4 Driving Mode turning on with wifi connection!!

The s4 is giving a unique problem, whenever it picks up wifi , the driving mode turns on. It is happening in the night as well when the wifi signal fluctuates?
    Any solutions as it is really annoying;-/

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Driving Mode turning on with wifi connection!!

Did you add the wifi location to My Places?

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

It seems I did!
    Its sorted now!
    Thanks very much!!

How did u solve the problem?? I have the same issue and it really sucks

Quote Originally Posted by anobyv View Post
    How did u solve the problem?? I have the same issue and it really sucks
    Go to Settings | More |Location Services | My Places | Car and make sure you did not select WiFi.
    jeanlim likes this.

Global Posts
    5,411 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Dang! Crazy random bug thread.

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!

Quote Originally Posted by STARGATE View Post
    Dang! Crazy random bug thread.

Last edited by caroline clayson; 09-06-2013 at 12:07 PM. Reason: incorrect entry

Cheers guys, hopefully I will not have to keep turning off the driving mode now

Global Posts
    5,411 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by caroline clayson View Post
    Cheers guys, hopefully I will not have to keep turning off the driving mode now
    What did you do?

If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!

Go to Settings | More |Location Services | My Places | Car and make sure you did not select WiFi.

Global Posts
    5,411 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by harryhoudini66 View Post
    No offense but I know that, I was asking Caroline what did she do to fix her problem.

Quote Originally Posted by STARGATE View Post
    No offense but I know that, I was asking Caroline what did she do to fix her problem.

No offense taken. I am willing to guess that she followed the steps I listed. Not to mention that no other solution were posted by others.
    STARGATE likes this.

I am having many problems with my new Samsung Galexy s4 purchased in Thailand. Took it to Samsung service from samsung center at Central Pinkhow where I purchsed my phone with very bad service adviser. after I told my problem with DRIVING MODE TURNED ITSELF ON, the first person said it is impossible as his s4 phone never did that and told me to go to another Samsung center in the same mall. The technician there told me that he would have to download new software again would loose all info. in the the phone.

Anyone out there having same problem with driving mode turning itself on, please help with any advice regarding this problem or PM me.
    Last edited by NothingIsTrue; 09-27-2013 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sarojw77 View Post
    I am having many problems with my new Samsung Galexy s4 purchased in Thailand. Took it to Samsung service from samsung center at Central Pinkhow where I purchsed my phone with very bad service adviser. after I told my problem with DRIVING MODE TURNED ITSELF ON, the first person said it is impossible as his s4 phone never did that and told me to go to another Samsung center in the same mall. The technician there told me that he would have to download new software again would loose all info. in the the phone.

Anyone out there having same problem with driving mode turning itself on, please help with any advice regarding this problem or PM me.
    Did you review the solution I posted above? Lots of people inadvertantly add their Wifi to "My Places" for Car. In doing so, you are telling your phone that each time you connect to your wifi, your are in your car and hence enable drive mode.

Go to Settings | More |Location Services | My Places | Car and make sure you did NOT select WiFi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Samsung Galaxy S4 Driving Mode turning on with wifi connection!!-screenshot_2013-09-27-22-57-27.jpg  

Global Posts
    5,411 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by sarojw77 View Post

Hello, welcome to the forums! :thumbup:
    Have you tried the solution given a few posts back?
    Try it and let us know if that helps you.

Thanks so very much. I just did that . After I turned wife off for car so far driving has not started yet but I wonder , will I be able to get wifi connection while I was in my car when it is turned off for car? thanks again . saroj I hope samsung will train their staff both sell and service to resolve issues. I felt like a fool when I check with samsung center at the mall , they all said that it is unheard of to them. told me to go to service guy who said he will have to redownload my phone again which I will lose all info.
    saroj w.

Global Posts
    5,411 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

No problem.
    And yes, if all those people were trained right it would be great!

I have the same problem to my galaxy mega 6.3 and I follow your advices but it doesn't work....Driving Mode is still turning on..
    Please help..