media only plays through headphones

eric_bob

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I recently discovered that my phone doesn't play music, or Any other audio except the ringer trough the external speaker. I can't find anything in the settings menu.

iOS Gravity

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I recently discovered that my phone doesn't play music, or Any other audio except the ringer trough the external speaker. I can't find anything in the settings menu.

There are different settings for media volume and ringer volume. You should make sure that the media volume is on too. Press the up volume button on the volume rocker. When the volume amount shows up on the screen, tap on the little gear and put all the bars on full. That should fix it.

Prakash Mantena

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I use a android 4.0.3 version mobile. Till yesterday night, volume is perfect.
Today morning I used my phone, and found that volume is not working for incoming calls, mp3 songs, incoming messages and all.
If I play music, I can hear songs via headphone. I can make calls and there is no problem talking over calls.

I cleared the cache, removed all running apps, rebooted several times, took off the battery waited for 15 mins and then restarted again, but all with no success.
I can adjust all the volumes either in songs settings or phone settings, no hanging anywhere, but sound is not coming out.

Can anyone help me out in this scenario. I do not hear sounds even when playing games.

Please help me out

Thanks in advance

Robk812

May 13, 2012
Visit site
May sound silly but a quick shot of air, the same kind you would use to clean a keyboard might do the trick. On occasion, especially if using headphones often, a small piece of dust or lint can lodge and cause phones audio not to go through regular phone speaker. It's not common, but something quick and easy you can try.

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I had the same problem and this was the top result on google so I thought I would add my 2p as the more info the better right?

My problem:

I had sound with headphones and when making a call - but not on loud speaker. So no sound on youtube etc but most importantly no alarm!!!

In my case I fixed it by taking off my case and quickly tapping the speaker module bit at the bottom of the phone (below the battery, it had two horizontal holes on the left hand side) with the end of a plastic knife.

I hope this helps someone! Thanks to everybody involved in the thread.

Plmuse

Mar 18, 2018
Visit site
I have a similar problem with my zte blade Telstra phone my music works loud speaker ringtone and all noise works but when I go into the actual app for playing music on the phone it starts loading with a please wait screen that never goes away anyone else have this issue feel free to messenger any sugestions

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11