S4 Screen Uniformity Issues

alkit

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I'm surprised that I haven't been able to find similar threads in this forum.

Anyhow, I posted a few months back about an s4 that I bought with screen uniformity issues. I since returned that device to the store, and bought another 2x S4s from private sellers. All 3 devices have screen issue. Details are below:

1) Screen is noticeably darker on the left than it is on the right.

2) Screen has noticeable colour change on the left hand side. In reality, it gives a sort of pinkish/redish hue on the left. Screen is also dim compared to no 3.

3) Screen is darker on left, and a small part of the right hand side (right side is most noticeable...

So currently out of 3 phone, I can't seem to find one that has a 100% uniform screen.
I have however looked at a friend's s4. He DID manage to get a perfect screen. In addition, his screen is brighter than any of the 3 I had (I did make sure to put them all on the same brightness level when comparing).

I am totally aware of the fact that many people probably wouldn't notice these things, but I have an eye for detail, and don't see why I need to "settle" for a screen that isn't totally right?

Can someone advise how to proceed? Like I said, the 1st phone was already returned to the shop, but the 2nd two were bought from private sellers. Should I go take them in to Samsung? Will they even acknowledge that these screen imperfections are an issue?

Thanks in advance for the help!

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
To be honest, I don't see any of that in the photos you attached LOL. While my eyes are not 20/20 I am not seeing any differences between what you have circled and the rest of the screen :)

alkit

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Yeh, the photos are just there as a reference. Remember, my camera and your monitor will make a huge difference to what it actually looks like in real life...

Omar840

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem with my phone. the lower part of the screen is showing a slight blue tint. I've read about this issue in different websites. it seems that alot of GS4 devices are having the same problem. some are saying that Samsung will release an update to fix this issue. not sure if its true.

Vasaeleth

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I have the exact same issue! Can you get a picture of main Chrome screen with no tabs open (it's a gray color)? That's where I notice it the most.

I've attached some pictures of mine. I was going to try to get it repaired through Samsung, but it sounds like I might just get it back with the same exact issue! I truly wish it can be fixed with software, though I don't have real high hopes..

Also, could you post which model of S4 you have (which carrier)? And your friend's, if you know it? I have the T-Mobile SGH-M919. It has not received the latest update from Samsung yet since T-Mobile has not pushed it out yet.

Attachments

• IMG_1070.jpg
    IMG_1070.jpg
    582.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1072.jpg
    IMG_1072.jpg
    611.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1073.jpg
    IMG_1073.jpg
    602.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1078.jpg
    IMG_1078.jpg
    567.3 KB · Views: 27

sharpehenry

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
No, mine is completely uniformed except I have little burn in on notification bar a little. I will take a picture when I go home.

I always use max brightness settings and sometimes I use one of those oled burn in test for 2 two hours when it gets going. Not sure if its recommended but personally oled burn in app evens out some of the display issues I'm seeing on photos here. Test only works with full brightness.

Again, I am not sure it is recommended or not but it is worth of trying I guess.

Posted via Android Central App

EDIT: HERE ARE SOME PHOTOS
googleh.jpg
googlev.jpg
white.jpg

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae