Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Default Re: [UPDATED] SEIDIO Releases OBEX® Waterproof Case for the Samsung Galaxy S4

I preordered the white and pink case, will they start shipping tomorrow? I am excited to get it
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #77  

Default Re: [UPDATED] SEIDIO Releases OBEX® Waterproof Case for the Samsung Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by dorlisa View Post
    I preordered the white and pink case, will they start shipping tomorrow? I am excited to get it
    Yes, they are still on track to ship out today. I will keep you updated when we start shipping them out or if anything else changes. We're excited to get them out to you all too!
    SEIDIO
    forum@seidio.com

Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google+ for special savings and new product updates!
    Thanked by:
    jaleesag88 likes this.

Mine shipped today! Says it will be here Wednesday

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

Mine said it shipped on Thursday but still unable to get any info via USPS.

Do you guys sell a case for the M919? Im having a hard time finding the s4 m919 and a good water resistant case for fishing. Thanks

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4

If it is the Galaxy s4 (not the Mini, Active, Zoom, I don't know if I missed one) it will fit

So all the case are the same? Is that y im having a hard time

Quote Originally Posted by JBizz86 View Post
    So all the case are the same? Is that y im having a hard time

It's the Galaxy s4 from T-Mobile, right? The specs are the same.

Thank you so much finally picked a few things now

jaleesag88 likes this.

I wonder if you can modify the case a little so it will work with the 4500ma battery

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Yes, they are still on track to ship out today. I will keep you updated when we start shipping them out or if anything else changes. We're excited to get them out to you all too!
    Mine still hasn't shipped. Was there a hold up on shipping them out?
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #87  

Quote Originally Posted by dmaynard83 View Post
    Mine said it shipped on Thursday but still unable to get any info via USPS.
    Unfortunately, shipping through USPS does not have live tracking information. It is only a delivery confirmation number.

Quote Originally Posted by razter View Post
    Mine still hasn't shipped. Was there a hold up on shipping them out?
    I don't think there was any type of delay. If you want to PM us your order number, I'd be happy to check on that for you.
    SEIDIO
    forum@seidio.com

Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google+ for special savings and new product updates!

Mine shipped Friday, can't wait to get it, hoping tomorrow! Where is it shipping from?

Suggestions please callers say they have a hard time hearing me or that I sound weird. Is there a fix for this or something that I overlooked during installation?

I got mine yesterday and love so far, havent had a problem talking on it either. One thing I do wish though... the colors were opposite, the white part pink and pink part white.. I have already got the white dirty =(

Well I got my replacement case the other day. The old case had a defect where the glue was squeezing out from where the screen protector and the case meet. Also I have been having issues with sound quality. People who I call or who call me say I sound like I am talking through a tin can and that they can hear a muffled echo of there own voice. This only happens with the Obex case on. So I tried the new case first with my wife's GS4 and everything sounded great then with my GS4 and again everything seemed OK. Then it all went to hell... I put a piece of kleenex in the case by itself for 5 minutes to test for water tightness as recommended by Seidio. The case passed that test. Then I ran my sound tests again. It was back to how it was before. I made sure that the sound settings on my phone and my wife's phone were the same. Still the same results. When her GS4 is in the case it sounds just fine, when mine is in the case it's bad. The only difference in phones is that she has a white one and I have a black one, and she is on the newer software version ME7. I really love the case but I cannot live with the sound issues so I think I must return it. I tried to PM seidioseidio a couple days ago and have not gotten a response. I want to know if their engineers have any suggestions as to what might be causing this problem. I have tried to google the problem and have not gotten any hits. My phone sounds great when it is not in the case so I don't think there is anything wrong with the phone. Does anyone on this forum have any similar problems?

I fixed my sound issues by blowing lightly in the mic port on the bottom. Everyone hears me crystal clear now!!

Quote Originally Posted by jaleesag88 View Post
    I fixed my sound issues by blowing lightly in the mic port on the bottom. Everyone hears me crystal clear now!!

The mic port on the phone or the case? Was your sound issues the same as mine? That still would not explain why my wife's phone works fine?
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #94  

That's great! Hopefully this will help others with the same issue. Thank you for posting!
    SEIDIO
    forum@seidio.com

How does this case compare to OtterBox's Armour -- although they are currently refusing to make the Armour for the S4 -- and as you know the Armour is basically an upgraded version of the Defender..?!
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mikenilson View Post
    The mic port on the phone or the case? Was your sound issues the same as mine? That still would not explain why my wife's phone works fine?
    Yep, I was experiencing the same problems as you. I don't understand how there are problems with one phone but not the other. I blew into the port on the case. I took my phone out and blew lightly into the port area on the case and the door hinge thing. I haven't had a problem since!

I have the problem as well. I just gave up. I hate that I blew $80 on a case that I'm not satisfied with but really just have to eat the loss. Wish I would have never gotten it. At IFA last week there was mention of LifeProof making one for the s4.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by jd4d View Post
    I have the problem as well. I just gave up. I hate that I blew $80 on a case that I'm not satisfied with but really just have to eat the loss. Wish I would have never gotten it. At IFA last week there was mention of LifeProof making one for the s4.

Posted via Android Central App
    Did you try blowing the water out of the mic port? I saw that lifeproof was making one too, but I needed one before the end of the month and theirs don't come out until October. And my experiences with Lifeproof haven't been awesome...I can't tell you how many replacements I went through due to sound quality issues!!

Well this got me thinking... I took my phone apart and checked where the mic port is. There is a small rubber piece inserted into the back housing of the phone that covers the mic port on the main board. There is a small plastic rectangle piece that is glued to the top of the rubber and it looked dislodged. I repositioned it and also took a pin and made sure the small hole in the rubber was clear. I put it all back together and gave it another try. Viola!!! My sound issues are gone!! "Everyone hears me crystal clear now!!" I am so happy!! Thanks jaleesag88 and thanks seidoseido for helping me solve this problem. I am glad that I found a solution with your help. I will test a few more days, but I am pretty sure I will be keeping the case after all!!
    jaleesag88 likes this.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #100  

Quote Originally Posted by mikenilson View Post
    Well this got me thinking... I took my phone apart and checked where the mic port is. There is a small rubber piece inserted into the back housing of the phone that covers the mic port on the main board. There is a small plastic rectangle piece that is glued to the top of the rubber and it looked dislodged. I repositioned it and also took a pin and made sure the small hole in the rubber was clear. I put it all back together and gave it another try. Viola!!! My sound issues are gone!! "Everyone hears me crystal clear now!!" I am so happy!! Thanks jaleesag88 and thanks seidoseido for helping me solve this problem. I am glad that I found a solution with your help. I will test a few more days, but I am pretty sure I will be keeping the case after all!!
    That's great news! It sounds like you did most of the work, but we're glad we could help you with the issue too!
    SEIDIO
    forum@seidio.com

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast