Textra keeps cutting off 3g.

Teddy Jenkins

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, having some issues with textra.

Basically I was sent some photos by mms today through textra and I received them perfectly fine but soon after I kept getting messages saying mms failed check APN settings. At the same time it would drop my data connection and having to turn it off and on again to get it to work. But then then message would pop up again from textra saying the same message and dropping my 3g. I had to uninstall the app and reinstall it to get past this issue.

If you use textra then you will know it copies your settings on Setup to make it work and I have checked all my settings anyway and is fine.

Has anyone ever experienced this and found a fix or anything??

Please let me Know.

my shiney new S4

jd4d

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I kept having the same message popping up on me as well. I had to go into my mms settings and copy over my mms apn setting in stock settings to textra settings. Hopefully that will help u.

Posted via Android Central App

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I use Textra but never had that kind of problem but just to let you know, there has been two updates this week including the one that I am just downloading right now.

Teddy Jenkins

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
No I had that update. I will check my APN settings now though. I thought the textra was meant to copy them over though.

But it's weird as u got the pictures but was still reviewing the error messages.

Thanks for your help guys I will check back in if it works.

my shiney new S4