Wifi password

chloeshotmom

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I change my router to fios router and my s4 keeps asking for wifi password. Fios pw is very loooooong and they told me bot to change it. What will i do to keep my s4 automatically connect to my home wifi?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I change my router to fios router and my s4 keeps asking for wifi password. Fios pw is very loooooong and they told me bot to change it. What will i do to keep my s4 automatically connect to my home wifi?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Put in the password to your router. You might have a checkbox for your device to remember your password, so check that and they click the connect. Your device will remember this and connect when you are home as long as your wifi is on.

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Are you sure the long password you're seeing is the right one? Do you have Verizon's In Home Agent on your computer? If you do, you can access the wireless password in the Internet section of In Home Agent.

You can set up the security settings, including the wireless password, yourself in the wireless security settings for the router. Can you access the router from a computer and change the router wireless security password (not the password to access the router, but the password for wireless) directly in the router wireless menu or using Verizon's In Home Agent? If so, unless you also have other wireless devices changing the wireless password won't hurt anything. Just make sure to write down the new password.

Here's a link to Verizon's page describing how to set up wireless security using their In Home Agent with FIOS - ?Step 4: Configuring the Verizon router security settings | FiOS Internet | Residential Support | Verizon

Last edited:

chloeshotmom

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
You need the password from your router... is this your router, or does someone else control it (administrator)?

Yup its mine. I recently switched to verizon and everytime i came home my phone is in 4G and when i click wifi i see my name and is asking for password again.
Verizon guys set up the password and said not to change it for security reason.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
If they had told me not to change my router's wifi password that would have been the very first thing I did (and typically do). I change my wifi password every few months. Is the OP's router broadcasting @ 2.4ghz or 5ghz? Some of my devices don't keep up with 5ghz so well but that doesn't seem like that's the issue. However a really long wifi password might be.

Sent from my Note 8.0 LTE

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Yup its mine. I recently switched to verizon and everytime i came home my phone is in 4G and when i click wifi i see my name and is asking for password again.
Verizon guys set up the password and said not to change it for security reason.

I agree with @Haalcyon, changing your password on a regular basis is good. You might also really want to know what type of security your wireless router is set to... personally I use WPA/WPA2/FT PSK. My router also does dual channel, so it has both 2.4ghz and 5ghz bands... I can assign different names and password to the different bands. I just removed my Wi-Fi network and reconnected to test... there is no remember password setting, but mine always reconnects everytime I come home or turn it off or on again.

Not knowing that specific router, I'm wondering if there is a setting in the router that requires them to enter the password when they connect everytime. Did they give you a different Admin password, or is that the same as the password they gave you to connect to your network? You should have different passwords to log into your router as an Admin... the Admin is required to log into your router to change other internal settings like the security and passwords to connect to your secure router.

chloeshotmom

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
All my devices automatically connect except s4. And the connection is on and off too. I woke up this morning with 4g but my ipad is connected. I called Verizon and they reset the router. Thanks for he advice. I will change the password later. I was using cisco and dual channel too and have no problem at all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

chloeshotmom

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I agree with @Haalcyon, changing your password on a regular basis is good. You might also really want to know what type of security your wireless router is set to... personally I use WPA/WPA2/FT PSK. My router also does dual channel, so it has both 2.4ghz and 5ghz bands... I can assign different names and password to the different bands. I just removed my Wi-Fi network and reconnected to test... there is no remember password setting, but mine always reconnects everytime I come home or turn it off or on again.

Not knowing that specific router, I'm wondering if there is a setting in the router that requires them to enter the password when they connect everytime. Did they give you a different Admin password, or is that the same as the password they gave you to connect to your network? You should have different passwords to log into your router as an Admin... the Admin is required to log into your router to change other internal settings like the security and passwords to connect to your secure router.

yes i have different password in admin and wifi. i changed the password for admin already and now changing the wifi. i called them a lot of times because my connection is on anf off. i cant even play my spotify or even watch netflix. they said i only get what i am paying! well, they told me before that their wifi is way better than optimum. i was using dual channel too in my cisco and my connection is never like this.

chloeshotmom

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I changed pw but it won't let me connect to all my devices. I called Verizon and they reset ut again and told me not to change anything. Bummer!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4