Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

So I got my GS4 about a week ago when I drowned my N9000. I've been loving it since and find something fun and new every day but I have one massive problem -> My situation at home is that I use Thunderbird to download my business e-mails from my server but after it downloads them it deletes them so they never make it to my phone which is a massive deal for my work before my N9000 downloaded it's own copies. Is there a way to deal with this other than keeping copies on the server ? BTW I have a POP-3 client. Thanks allot for any potential help :0

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    301 Global Posts

Default Re: Default e-mail klient problem

Quote Originally Posted by Afterlife737 View Post
    So I got my GS4 about a week ago when I drowned my N9000. I've been loving it since and find something fun and new every day but I have one massive problem -> My situation at home is that I use Thunderbird to download my business e-mails from my server but after it downloads them it deletes them so they never make it to my phone which is a massive deal for my work before my N9000 downloaded it's own copies. Is there a way to deal with this other than keeping copies on the server ? BTW I have a POP-3 client. Thanks allot for any potential help :0

From the way youre describing it this is a problem with the way your pc is set up, not with the phone. Im not sure how the N9000 got sround this. There's a setting in Thunderbird to keep the last X days of email on the server. You need to go into the account settings on the PC and enable it. Otherwise you need to switch from POP3 to IMAP (which leaves al mail on the server by default anyway).

Default Re: Default e-mail klient problem

I have a similar problem, using the new Samsung Galaxy s5 (australia) with the default mail app.
    I like to check emails on the phone, but download them on to the pc.
    The iPhone allowed a copy to stay on the phone even if it was removed from the server.
    The new galaxy s5 (first android device for me!) Seems to synchronise with the email server meaning wheb the server is cleared the phones copy is removed too!

Is there a way to leave a copy on the phone ?
    I have tried turning off synchronization both at account level in the mail ap, and in the settings menu.
    Thanks in advance!