Phone and Wifi Problem/Refurbish phones?

gummyjelly

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Ok so I have the galaxy s4 with tmobile, I've had it since launch day. About a week ago I wasn't receiving calls or texts, I was able to make them/send them just not receive them. So I restarted the phone and all my texts and voice mail came in. This kept happening on and off the whole day but when I left the house it would stop. So I did some testing, turned off my wifi and it would stop, as soon as I turned on wifi it started again (No not using wifi calling), then I spoke to tmobile and was told to turn off 4g lte. So I did and it all was working fine with wifi on. So tmobile sent a ticket out to see if something was wrong in the area. 3 days later I was told to have the phone exchanged by warranty because the everything in the area is fine. I received the new one but its refurbished, I don't want a refurbished phone, they usually have a lot of problems. Anyways I turned on the 4g lte on my phone and its been working fine within the past few days, with wifi on at the same time. My question is should I just keep it or the new refurbished one? I have a feeling the problem will keep happening, anyone else had this happen to their phone? Anyone with good refurbish phones?

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Ok so I have the galaxy s4 with tmobile, I've had it since launch day. About a week ago I wasn't receiving calls or texts, I was able to make them/send them just not receive them. So I restarted the phone and all my texts and voice mail came in. This kept happening on and off the whole day but when I left the house it would stop. So I did some testing, turned off my wifi and it would stop, as soon as I turned on wifi it started again (No not using wifi calling), then I spoke to tmobile and was told to turn off 4g lte. So I did and it all was working fine with wifi on. So tmobile sent a ticket out to see if something was wrong in the area. 3 days later I was told to have the phone exchanged by warranty because the everything in the area is fine. I received the new one but its refurbished, I don't want a refurbished phone, they usually have a lot of problems. Anyways I turned on the 4g lte on my phone and its been working fine within the past few days, with wifi on at the same time. My question is should I just keep it or the new refurbished one? I have a feeling the problem will keep happening, anyone else had this happen to their phone? Anyone with good refurbish phones?

Not all phones given under warranty are refurbished. Example, I purchased a brand new S4 from Tmobile. I paid for it fully.. However, I saw where I needed the 32 gb version of the S4. Right before my 20 days was up, I returned the S4 the 16gb version. Tmobile refunded all of my money, and I told them the reason I am returning the phone was because I need more INTERNAL MEMORY..

The phone I returned was perfect. I am sure they can't sell it as new, but after checking all functions, that S4 will get back into circulation as a warranty replacement, I am sure.

iSmexii D

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
Refurbished S4 Issues; I Need Advice/Help

Ive Had This "Refurbished" S4 From Last Thursday And It Works Ok, But There Are Drawbacks And I Need Advice Or Help On How To Fix Them. A Major Issue That Really Cheeses Me TF Off Is That If I Pause Any Sound-Playing App, Like The Music Or A Video, Then Later Come Back To Resume It, It Either, A) Doesnt Resume Or, B) Resumes With No Sound Anywhere On The Phone Anymore Until I Restart It. I Thought I Found A Loophole Cause Lately, Whenever I Peel Back The Top-Right Section Of My Otterbox Case, The Music Kicks Back In But That Only Works Sometimes. Not To Mention That Sometimes, When I Try Calling Someone, The Phone Freezes And Theres An Ear-Piercing Screech Being Emitted From The Speakers Or Headphones. How Do I Fix These "Refurbished" Problems???

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance