1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default S4 AMOLED burn in issues?

Is anyone having any problems with amoled burn in? I can't decide between the S4 and HTC One but the burn in problem makes me hesitant to get the S4.
    I f you answer, thank you!

Default Re: S4 AMOLED burn in issues?

I can't speak for the s4 but my daughters s3 that she's had since black Friday has issues with burn in

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    Ambassador
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by ffejjj View Post
    I can't speak for the s4 but my daughters s3 that she's had since black Friday has issues with burn in

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    That's not good at all. SIGH.

I didn't have any idea there was any burn in issues with the S4. I've had mine since the end of May and the screen looks great.
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,512 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

It'll happen that is a problem with amoled screens. When I hide my status bar and navigation bar in my nexus its there. S4 no different just still pretty new.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaVictor87 View Post
    I didn't have any idea there was any burn in issues with the S4. I've had mine since the end of May and the screen looks great.
    That's lucky, I heard a lot of people had problems with it within the first month.

I've owned a Galaxy SII, Note 2, Galaxy S3, and Galaxy S4...all AMOLED, never an issue with burn-in. There ARE some blotches of deep, black pixels when the screen is showing an all-black and the dimming is right, but that's visible only with a very low light and it's not really an issue, just how these screens work.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by SpookDroid View Post
    I've owned a Galaxy SII, Note 2, Galaxy S3, and Galaxy S4...all AMOLED, never an issue with burn-in. There ARE some blotches of deep, black pixels when the screen is showing an all-black and the dimming is right, but that's visible only with a very low light and it's not really an issue, just how these screens work.
    That's great. But it seems a lot of people have started boycotting all amoled devices because they claim they had burn in issues.

I've never had any issues with screens on my Galaxy phones (s2, s3, Note 2, s4). I've never really been too concerned about them though. I generally don't keep a phone long enough to encounter any issues with that though. I guess we will see how well my s4 does! I've had it for a few weeks now and no problems yet and I do plan on keeping my s4 until I upgrade in March. I love this phone! If I do encounter any burn-in issues, I will take it up with Sprint haha.

- - - Updated - - -

I've never had any issues with screens on my Galaxy phones (s2, s3, Note 2, s4). I've never really been too concerned about them though. I generally don't keep a phone long enough to encounter any issues with that though. I guess we will see how well my s4 does! I've had it for a few weeks now and no problems yet and I do plan on keeping my s4 until I upgrade in March. I love this phone! If I do encounter any burn-in issues, I will take it up with Sprint haha.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Thanks for reassuring me!

Quote Originally Posted by totalsmoshy View Post
    That's great. But it seems a lot of people have started boycotting all amoled devices because they claim they had burn in issues.
    Any sources? It's the first time I've heard about it, actually... Not trying to be antagonistic, just really curious about this as, again, I've never heard about issues with burn-in, let alone a boycott movement on these devices.

First I have heard about it also. Have a S3 (wifey) and a S4 (me). Never a problem yet!

Have had my S4 since mothers day and not experienced this issue at all!

Posted via Android Central App on my awesome Samsung Galaxy s4
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Any sources? It's the first time I've heard about it, actually... Not trying to be antagonistic, just really curious about this as, again, I've never heard about issues with burn-in, let alone a boycott movement on these devices.
    I don't think there are any specific sources. Just on some threads and forums. Sometimes in comments of articles or reviews.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think there are any specific sources. Just on some threads and forums. Sometimes in comments of articles or reviews.