anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I want to backup the entire device, apps, data and more importantly, settings.

I used Keis to backup my Samsung Galaxy S3, then did a restore on my new Samsung Galaxy S4.
But after the restore I still had to download quite a few missing apps (yes the setting was set for the device to backup apps) configure all the apps and settings for the device.

But why? Anyone?

Thanks

Ivan

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I want to backup the entire device, apps, data and more importantly, settings.

I used Keis to backup my Samsung Galaxy S3, then did a restore on my new Samsung Galaxy S4.
But after the restore I still had to download quite a few missing apps (yes the setting was set for the device to backup apps) configure all the apps and settings for the device.

But why? Anyone?

Thanks

Ivan

Absolute best would be if you're rooted with custom recovery - then you can do the mac-daddy of backups: NANDROID backup.

If you're just rooted, you can use Titanium Backup.

If you're not rooted, you can use something like Helium or My Backup.

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, interesting, thanks. Albeit, this is for my missus, she is not that deep into gadgets. She wants a plain ole simply backup option. To me whats the point of Keis if it doesn't backup EVERYTHING and then restore it to the new device?

Unless, because I did a backup from a SGS3, then restored it to a SGS4 it could 'load' the settings etc. Now I'm wondering since I've backed up the SGS4, if I had to reload it now, and perform a restore would it restore EVERYTHING, settings, etc.?

MichaelBR

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I also recommend Helium (formerly Carbon). Perfect for non rooted devices. I used Titanium on my other rooted devices but don't plan/need to root my S4.

There's the initial small hassle for non rooted devices of running the desktop app, and having to do it again whenever the phone is turned off, but it's still great.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using AC Forums mobile app

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I wonder this myself. But now with all this info I'll try one of the methods given here. :thumbup::D

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo