I want to backup the entire device, apps, data and more importantly, settings.
I used Keis to backup my Samsung Galaxy S3, then did a restore on my new Samsung Galaxy S4.
But after the restore I still had to download quite a few missing apps (yes the setting was set for the device to backup apps) configure all the apps and settings for the device.
But why? Anyone?
- 08-15-2013, 10:59 PM #2
Hmm, interesting, thanks. Albeit, this is for my missus, she is not that deep into gadgets. She wants a plain ole simply backup option. To me whats the point of Keis if it doesn't backup EVERYTHING and then restore it to the new device?
Unless, because I did a backup from a SGS3, then restored it to a SGS4 it could 'load' the settings etc. Now I'm wondering since I've backed up the SGS4, if I had to reload it now, and perform a restore would it restore EVERYTHING, settings, etc.?
- 08-16-2013, 06:57 AM #4
- 08-17-2013, 09:18 PM #6
I also recommend Helium (formerly Carbon). Perfect for non rooted devices. I used Titanium on my other rooted devices but don't plan/need to root my S4.
There's the initial small hassle for non rooted devices of running the desktop app, and having to do it again whenever the phone is turned off, but it's still great.
Sent from my GT-I9505 using AC Forums mobile app
- 08-17-2013, 11:27 PM #7
- 08-18-2013, 11:13 PM #9
- By HPG1972 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 6Last Post: 07-10-2016, 11:27 PM
- By douglerner in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 10Last Post: 08-16-2013, 11:45 AM
- By freeideasguy in forum HTC One M7Replies: 3Last Post: 08-15-2013, 03:17 PM
- By Google_Superuser in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 14Last Post: 08-14-2013, 10:23 PM
- By badmf222 in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 2Last Post: 08-12-2013, 08:14 PM