Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to revert back to Touchwiz 4.2.2?

Hey guys,

I recently tried to flash my Sprint Galaxy S4 to the Google Play Edition 4.3 rom, but that did not work out very well. I kept getting the "com.android.phone has unexpectedly stopped working" error that basically made my phone completely useless.

I was wondering how I can revert my phone back to stock Touchwiz 4.2.2? I can't seem to find any guides online nor any links to download the Touchwiz 4.2.2 ROM.

Thanks!

Global Posts
    20,976 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: How to revert back to Touchwiz 4.2.2?

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Li View Post
    Hey guys,

I recently tried to flash my Sprint Galaxy S4 to the Google Play Edition 4.3 rom, but that did not work out very well. I kept getting the "com.android.phone has unexpectedly stopped working" error that basically made my phone completely useless.

I was wondering how I can revert my phone back to stock Touchwiz 4.2.2? I can't seem to find any guides online nor any links to download the Touchwiz 4.2.2 ROM.

Thanks!
    You just need the stock ROM. You can search XDA developers. There may even be a link to stock ROMs. I think rwilco12 has them.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Hey, Golfdriver97,

Thanks a lot for replying! I actually managed to get stock 4.2.2 working on my S4, but I can't seem to get cellular data working. Also, I can't seem to receive any text messages, but I can send them.

Thanks again!

Global Posts
    20,976 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Hey, Golfdriver97,

Thanks a lot for replying! I actually managed to get stock 4.2.2 working on my S4, but I can't seem to get cellular data working. Also, I can't seem to receive any text messages, but I can send them.

Thanks again!
    Try settings-update-update profile and prl.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Hey, Golfdriver97,

Thanks for you reply once again, but I can't seem to find "update" in my settings. I also tried to update my PRL by calling Sprint (##873283#), but the number was out of service.

Thanks again!

Global Posts
    20,976 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Hey, Golfdriver97,

Thanks for you reply once again, but I can't seem to find "update" in my settings. I also tried to update my PRL by calling Sprint (##873283#), but the number was out of service.

Thanks again!
    Settings, and scroll all the way down. Update device maybe?

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

Phone Timeline

Try ##72786# maybe? Your phone will reboot twice during that process.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

@Golfdriver97

I found "Update device", but still no option for updating the PRL. Only asking me to update to 4.3, which apparently did not work. I'll probably reflash 4.2.2 when I get hom.e

@jaleesag88

I called that number and apparently it was a Verizon Wireless number (it was also out of service). Thanks though!

Global Posts
    20,976 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

@Golfdriver97

I found "Update device", but still no option for updating the PRL. Only asking me to update to 4.3, which apparently did not work. I'll probably reflash 4.2.2 when I get hom.e

@jaleesag88

I called that number and apparently it was a Verizon Wireless number (it was also out of service). Thanks though!
    Reflashing is probably a good idea. Something may have hiccupped during the process.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

Phone Timeline

Hey, Golfdriver97,

Thanks again!
    Hey how did you revert back to stock?

hi im having the same problem how did u get the stock 4.2.2 touchwiz rom?