Apps not really moving to sd

DuStU

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I have tried to move my one gig games to SD and it frees up maybe 300 mb. I would understand if it was like 900mb and left behind 100 to launch the app. But the only way to make space is the delete apps. I'd the a work around to fully install apps to SD? Is there a way to fully transfer and already app to the SD? Thank you for your help!

Posted via Android Central App

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
No apps will move 100%, but the amount per app varies and some are ineligible entirely. For example Need for Speed Most Wanted will move about 95% to the SD card, but Galaxy on Fire is only 27% of the app.

DuStU

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Such a weird thing. I had to delete so much crap although I have 44 gigs free external.

Posted via Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Again, Samsung brought back App2SD in the S4 (to Google's discontent, but it did anyway) but that doesn't mean that you can move everything to the SD card. First, it's still up to the developers to support the move. And as such, even if it supports moving a portion of the app to the SD card, it can choose NOT to move everything. I don't like it myself, but the general direction is to move from removable media to a (granted) more effective and reliable internal storage.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
The solution is very simple and the Android OEM's need to get moving to 64GB internal storage and above. Rumors are iP5S will offer 128GB of storage and we are stuck living with 8/16/32B phones and the rare 64GB variant but they are so few and far between and then locked to a single carrier for months or longer. Samsung should take the initiative and start saying 32/64GB minimum they have clout now as the #1 Android OEM.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood