Exchange email account keeps deleting itself - Help!

jbposell

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
So about once a week right now, sometimes more frequently, sometimes less frequently, my stock mail app on my S4 decides to entirely delete the Exchange email account I use as my primary one. Great.

If I'm lucky, I will be spared sometimes and it will only disable synching, again totally independent of anything I do or want. HAL, anyone?

Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions on how to prevent it happening in the future?

Thanks!

Jordan

SmartGuyTBLB

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
My phone does the same thing! Exactly like yours, sometimes a weekly interval, sometimes more sometimes less. It just completely delete's itself and I have to go back in and set up the exchange account from scratch again. I've verified with IT that it is a phone issue and not an exchange server issue. I have no idea what's causing it but it's getting REALLY annoying.

jbposell

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
@SmartGuy TBLB: I finally exchanged the phone with Verizon for a new one (well, refurb, but still, a new-to-me one) and have had no issues ever since. Don't mess around any more, just exchange the phone. They have no clue why it was doing it.

DM51

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I had a similar problem with an S3. I thought I was doing something wrong, but after a long time persevering with it and getting nowhere I had the phone replaced and the new one was fine. As others above have suggested, the best thing to do is take it back to the vendor, tell them it is faulty and get it replaced (do a backup first).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana