dropped galaxy s4 phone

maryfrazier

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
My galaxy s4 was dropped and now the screen is black and will not come on. I can turn it off and on, can hear the tones that I'm getting text messages etc but the screen stays black. Can someone tell me what part may have been damaged so I can order a replacement part? The glass did not break, there is no physical damage to the phone. Apparently just the inner screen or something.

asanatheist

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
My galaxy s4 was dropped and now the screen is black and will not come on. I can turn it off and on, can hear the tones that I'm getting text messages etc but the screen stays black. Can someone tell me what part may have been damaged so I can order a replacement part? The glass did not break, there is no physical damage to the phone. Apparently just the inner screen or something.

Can you get any sounds if you touch the screen it self. For example opening a certain app if you can guess it's location?

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

Was it naked or in a case?

As soon as mine came out the box, I put it a flip case. My wife has an S4 too. She refused the case I got for her, and sure enough, she dropped it. Not as bad as yours. Her S4 still works, just got a cracked screen.. Cases are dam cheap...

Kay135

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
Happened to me 2 weeks into owning it - short drop on a hardwood floor. Needed LCD replaced. 265 bucks. Took a week at a mall. Some chain - you can find it online. They repair all makes and models. Had no case on it and no insurance. Lesson learned. Works flawless now. With a case...

Denton Lewis

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
In the future use best buy the geeksquad will insure for just $10 a month and thrre is jot deductable the cover accidental and water damage but no lost or stolen

Posted via Android Central App

la reina real

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
I have the Geek Squad insurance and they wanted $150 for a refurbished phone. My S4 is a month old and I dropped it and the LCD screen broke. Of course everything else was perfect. I paid $50 for a brand new phone. I don't want to pay $150 for a refurbished one. It's ridiculous.

Jill Irelan-Ray

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Mine got dropped this morning, not by me, but was in my otterbox case. Ended up with 3 hairline cracks by the power button. Screen is black. It vibrates, the buttons light up. I've had it for almost a year with no injuries to it what so ever. Now i'm without a phone.

electricpete

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure $50 for a new S4 was in conjunction with contract renewal, so true cost not exactly known (how much of that monthly fee goes to subsidize the phone) but certainly much more than $50

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670