Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cehowardNote3
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default dropped galaxy s4 phone

My galaxy s4 was dropped and now the screen is black and will not come on. I can turn it off and on, can hear the tones that I'm getting text messages etc but the screen stays black. Can someone tell me what part may have been damaged so I can order a replacement part? The glass did not break, there is no physical damage to the phone. Apparently just the inner screen or something.

Default Re: dropped galaxy s4 phone

Quote Originally Posted by maryfrazier View Post
    My galaxy s4 was dropped and now the screen is black and will not come on. I can turn it off and on, can hear the tones that I'm getting text messages etc but the screen stays black. Can someone tell me what part may have been damaged so I can order a replacement part? The glass did not break, there is no physical damage to the phone. Apparently just the inner screen or something.
    Can you get any sounds if you touch the screen it self. For example opening a certain app if you can guess it's location?

Quote Originally Posted by maryfrazier View Post
    Was it naked or in a case?

As soon as mine came out the box, I put it a flip case. My wife has an S4 too. She refused the case I got for her, and sure enough, she dropped it. Not as bad as yours. Her S4 still works, just got a cracked screen.. Cases are dam cheap...
    tippmann15 likes this.

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Happened to me 2 weeks into owning it - short drop on a hardwood floor. Needed LCD replaced. 265 bucks. Took a week at a mall. Some chain - you can find it online. They repair all makes and models. Had no case on it and no insurance. Lesson learned. Works flawless now. With a case...

In the future use best buy the geeksquad will insure for just $10 a month and thrre is jot deductable the cover accidental and water damage but no lost or stolen

Posted via Android Central App

I have the Geek Squad insurance and they wanted $150 for a refurbished phone. My S4 is a month old and I dropped it and the LCD screen broke. Of course everything else was perfect. I paid $50 for a brand new phone. I don't want to pay $150 for a refurbished one. It's ridiculous.

Mine got dropped this morning, not by me, but was in my otterbox case. Ended up with 3 hairline cracks by the power button. Screen is black. It vibrates, the buttons light up. I've had it for almost a year with no injuries to it what so ever. Now i'm without a phone.

how were you able to just pay $50 for a new phone? I'm really not trying to pay $150, that has to be the dumbest policy they could've added.

I'm sure $50 for a new S4 was in conjunction with contract renewal, so true cost not exactly known (how much of that monthly fee goes to subsidize the phone) but certainly much more than $50