new android user here, Micro Card Unexpectedly removed message.

MadMexican73

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi, just switched from iphone so I am new to the Android scene, I have encountered several problems with my new s4. 1) sometimes when im listening to music or opening up my pictures, for some reason my micro sd card is removed. A message at the top of my phone reads, "SD card unexpectedly removed" Its getting annoying, 2) i cant seem to find a an easier way to transfer all my itunes songs into my new phone. I have resorted to taking out the micro card, plugging it into my mac and dragging and dropping music into the card. 3) my phone does not seem to work when i plug it into my car, it reads it as unrecognizable thus i can listen to the music from my phone. 4) I have tried using the Android file transfer my connecting my phone to my mac through a usb cord and it does not find my phone, i have restarted both the phone and the mac but still it wont read it. Is my phone defective. I want to get away from apple products but its hard when i cant adjust to this new phone, can anyone help the newbie here much thanks. :-\

Marcos :)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi, just switched from iphone so I am new to the Android scene, I have encountered several problems with my new s4. 1) sometimes when im listening to music or opening up my pictures, for some reason my micro sd card is removed. A message at the top of my phone reads, "SD card unexpectedly removed" Its getting annoying, 2) i cant seem to find a an easier way to transfer all my itunes songs into my new phone. I have resorted to taking out the micro card, plugging it into my mac and dragging and dropping music into the card. 3) my phone does not seem to work when i plug it into my car, it reads it as unrecognizable thus i can listen to the music from my phone. 4) I have tried using the Android file transfer my connecting my phone to my mac through a usb cord and it does not find my phone, i have restarted both the phone and the mac but still it wont read it. Is my phone defective. I want to get away from apple products but its hard when i cant adjust to this new phone, can anyone help the newbie here much thanks. :-\

Marcos :)

Welcome to the forums!
Android and Apple don't really play well together. That is part of what is not helping.
1. SD card. Which one do you have? Size and brand.
2. Download Samsung Kies, from Samsung's site. It can help bridge between iTunes and Android.
3. Are you trying to connect via Bluetooth? Can you connect via a cable instead?
4. See number 2.

Part of what makes music difficult is Apple placing a DRM that is hard for other programs to accept or work around.

Hope those help.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
iSyncr works GREAT for transferring iTunes songs and playlists. You install a desktop piece and an android piece and it works quite well, give it a shot.

Sent from my Note 8.0 LTE