- 19 Posts
Texting Apps & Keyboard Question
Couple of questions. Very frustrated by the phones most basic customizations! As always, thanks in advance.
1. I've tried both Chomp and GoSMSPro so far and my #1 complaint is that their notifications sound trumps the sounds I have set for specific contacts. Is there a way to work around this or an app that doesn't do this? I want my notification sounds to ring according to how I have them set in my contacts. I don't want one universal notification for all my incoming texts.
2. Is there a keyboard replacement for the s4 that actually shows emojis??? I have tried Go, Kii, Google, and A.I.type. My work around for the above frustration was to use the stock messaging app with a replacement keyboard, but seeing blanks squares instead of emojis is driving me crazy.
Any help would be appreciated.
- 08-19-2013, 04:30 PM #2
- 1,997 Posts
Re: Texting Apps & Keyboard QuestionMobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
Other devices: iPad Mini
The Basics: Unlocking and Rooting - http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...hing-roms.html
- 08-19-2013, 04:36 PM #3
- 453 Posts
Re: Texting Apps & Keyboard Question
You have to go into the Chomp settings and set the ring tones per contact through there, then turn off notifications through the stock messenger.
I use Chomp and have different custom ring tones per contact.
Posted via Android Central App
- By powerwagon79 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Google EditionReplies: 6Last Post: 09-02-2013, 12:32 PM
- By jebba in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1Replies: 4Last Post: 08-21-2013, 07:26 PM
- By Oj467 in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 3Last Post: 08-19-2013, 04:15 PM
- By z28man in forum AT&T HTC OneReplies: 1Last Post: 08-19-2013, 01:27 PM
- By HighTouch in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 0Last Post: 08-19-2013, 12:47 PM