Why is Watch On showing up in my notification area on restart?

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
So i restarted my phone today and for some reason, watch on is showing up in my notification area like i'm using it. The app is closed, and its just starting up on its own. I've tried restarting it again and it just decides to pop back up. Not quite sure how to remove it and i've never seen it before.

I'm on AT&T running 4.2.2 and not rooted.

I'll edit this post and add screenshots in about 5 min.

Last edited:

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why is Watch On showing up in my notification area?

App wouldn't let me add photos to my first post. Here's what I'm seeing.
1377091581334.jpg
1377091588625.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Bamagrl2010

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site

everytime I restart or turn my phone on the icon in the notification bar is appears. I have to go into the app everytime to uncheck the box.

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site

everytime I restart or turn my phone on the icon in the notification bar is appears. I have to go into the app everytime to uncheck the box.

Ok going to change this back to not solved. I restarted my phone and same thing happened. My Phone randomly turned that option back on and is back in my notification bar.

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

This started for me too.

- - - Updated - - -

This started for me too.

TTheInfamous1

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue. It's because of their recent up date. No fix has come out yet. It was driving me nuts also. What sticks about it is that I like using that app. I just disabled mine completely until a fix comes out

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Timothy John2

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I went to Settings - More - Application Manager - ( at the top is a slider with Downloaded, On SD Card, Running ) touch Running and you will find it, then disable it. I restarted my phone and it was still disabled.

ya its me

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I have had this same problem. Did not notice it until I opened the app to show someone else and it would not close. Here is what I did:

> settings > application manager>downloaded apps

I selected the watchon app. There were two running. The video app and the actual app itself.

I uninstalled updates on both of them

Restarted my phone

It will update them automatically if you have selected. As long as you do not open it again, you should be good to go. Have not had a problem since then.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
The WatchOn app appears on your notification area to be easily accessible, no harm done.
I always have it there cause I use it a lot at home.
You cab have it hidden there or you can disable it.
:thumbup::D

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez