Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Random vibrations from phone

Twice in the past two days, my S4 has vibrated for no apparent reason. It buzzes once (both times I was actively using it in a manner that would not trigger it). It was as if I had received a notification but there was nothing...no voicemail, no text, no alert.

Anyone else having this issue?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    8,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Random vibrations from phone

Quote Originally Posted by JGouse0498 View Post
    Twice in the past two days, my S4 has vibrated for no apparent reason. It buzzes once (both times I was actively using it in a manner that would not trigger it). It was as if I had received a notification but there was nothing...no voicemail, no text, no alert.

Anyone else having this issue?

What exactly were you doing at the time of each vibration? Seems odd that this would happen. Though, it could be possible that there is a defect with the vibration mechanism and its being triggered at random times.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I think I was playing a game the first time, and it wasn't anything that would use a vibration effect. Second time, I was swiping home screens. Again, nothing that would trigger it.

I've had this happen to me as well...mine always vibrates when I pick it up from laying on a flat surface...

Posted via Android Central App

There is a feature you can switch on/off that vibrates after picking up from being face down if you have any missed calls. Other than that, I found that sometimes if I knock it against a hard surface at just the right spot that the vibration mechanism does resonate.