Battery usage question

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm confused as to why Google services is using such a big chunk of battery when I have location history and reporting turned off, I'm signed out of hangouts, I'm signed out of Google plus and Google now is off. What else could be causing it?

Sent from my *PURPLE* Galaxy S4

Attachments

• 1377119854763.jpg
    1377119854763.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

Tele_Phone

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I have had this issue randomly a couple times. I restart and it seems to go away for a long time

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

j c m

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
A suggestion from another thread:

Uninstall your Google Play Service updates and then re install them. Mine was doing the same thing and that totally stopped it.

Posted via Android Central App

I did this and Google Services mostly disappeared from my battery usage :)

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

I did actually search and most answers led me to turning off the Google products that I already did. Thanks tho :D

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
How long has your phone been active and how much screen time do you have? It might just be that you haven't done anything else with your phone.

Do you have "Access location" turned off, too?

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I don't have access location off as I didn't know if it would affect my maps when I do use it. But I had about 2 hours screen time. It's not killing my battery I'm still getting through a day of work Just curious because it seemed to run amok.

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I don't have access location off as I didn't know if it would affect my maps when I do use it. But I had about 2 hours screen time. It's not killing my battery I'm still getting through a day of work Just curious because it seemed to run amok.

It will stop Maps from being able to use your location.

If you have two hours of screen time and still have that much battery left then you're not doing too bad. It's weird that Google Services is that high with that much screen time and that much battery left. I currently have 89% battery left and my Google services is showing up at 31% battery used with 1m 19s CPU total and 7m 52s Stay awake. It almost looks like a bug in the software that estimates battery usage.

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
It will stop Maps from being able to use your location.

If you have two hours of screen time and still have that much battery left then you're not doing too bad. It's weird that Google Services is that high with that much screen time and that much battery left. I currently have 89% battery left and my Google services is showing up at 31% battery used with 1m 19s CPU total and 7m 52s Stay awake. It almost looks like a bug in the software that estimates battery usage.

Makes sense. Since its not hurting me enjoying the usage of the phone I won't worry about it lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie