Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sensors Not Working And Lag On S4

The sensors on my S4 (GT-i9505) are currently not working. There is also a lag, sometimes up to 10s, from pressing the home button till the unlock screen shows. The sensors are recognized on cpu-z but are not shown as working. I have factory reset the phone several times and occasionally they work for 5-10 minutes before stopping again so I'm guessing this is a software fault not a hardware fault?

I have read on another thread about someone having similar problems and that it was a warrenty case. However I had to replace the screen on mine 3 months back myself as the digitizer broke in my pocket (I'm guessing from bending) and now my warranty is void.

I have tried flashing the same UK firmware with odin and also tried a German version... still no luck

Does anyone have any ideas as I'm stuck? Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance! Jack

Global Posts
    21,664 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Sensors Not Working And Lag On S4

Quote Originally Posted by jackabutlers View Post
    The sensors on my S4 (GT-i9505) are currently not working. There is also a lag, sometimes up to 10s, from pressing the home button till the unlock screen shows. The sensors are recognized on cpu-z but are not shown as working. I have factory reset the phone several times and occasionally they work for 5-10 minutes before stopping again so I'm guessing this is a software fault not a hardware fault?

I have read on another thread about someone having similar problems and that it was a warrenty case. However I had to replace the screen on mine 3 months back myself as the digitizer broke in my pocket (I'm guessing from bending) and now my warranty is void.

I have tried flashing the same UK firmware with odin and also tried a German version... still no luck

Does anyone have any ideas as I'm stuck? Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance! Jack
    Welcome to the forums!
    Do you have S Voice enabled? Sometimes that increases lag about the home button press.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Im having exactly the same problems. I hard reseted the phone and nothing better. I think its software bug. Any clues?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Well after flashing it with several different software versions and still no luck I've sent it off for repair ill just have to pay the extortionate amount they will charge as I'm out of warranty.
    Said it would take 10 days for return ill let you know what they say!

Ok then let me know when u get your phone back! Ty.

I have excact same problem, what was the conclusion on your phone?