Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By merkus14
  • 1 Post By garublador
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Default "You Can Control Music Player with the Commands, Next, Previous...etc" Notifications

Hi all,

Just bought my S4 last week (from Telus, upgraded from the woeful S2X), and overall I'm really pleased. I have a few minor things that I haven't been able to figure out on my own, or by searching around, so I figured I'd inquire here. Whenever I first bring up my music player, or when it's playing and I go to my homescreen or another app it always gives me a notification about voice controls in the notification bar. It's a 3 line notification and takes a while to clear, so it's a bit of a nuisance.

Has anyone found a way to disable this? I've checked all the applicable settings (S-Voice, Music Player). For the record it also notifies me about these voice commands in my Alarm clock so I feel like it's a an overall setting rather than specific apps.

Much appreciated if anyone knows how to get rid of this pesky little issue.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails "You Can Control Music Player with the Commands, Next, Previous...etc" Notifications-screenshot_2013-08-22-10-32-53.jpg   "You Can Control Music Player with the Commands, Next, Previous...etc" Notifications-screenshot_2013-08-22-10-33-09.jpg   "You Can Control Music Player with the Commands, Next, Previous...etc" Notifications-screenshot_2013-08-22-10-33-13.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    docguy 
    docguy likes this.

Default Re: "You Can Control Music Player with the Commands, Next, Previous...etc" Notifications

Settings > My Device > (scroll to bottom) Long Press Voice Control > Turn off Music
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Default Re: "You Can Control Music Player with the Commands, Next, Previous...etc" Notifications

Thanks. I don't want to turn off the functionality of it, I just want the turn off the notification. I'd still like to be able to control the app with my voice when on headphones.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Gah.. so no other suggestions eh? Other than turning off the functionality altogether of voice commands with my music?

hi,

i have started using the voice control for the music player, all the voice commands work perfectly on it but when i say "play" that voice command just doesn't seem to work. i have tried combining it too " play music" "play song", the play voice command doesnt seem to work. anyone else with this same issue? Author, could you perhaps help me with this?

Thanks

Hey, I wanted to keep this thread alive!

I'm also having this problem on my Note 3. I don't want to disable the voice command feature because its convenient at times, but the notification (shown in the original post) shows up at the very top of the screen, right on top of where you have to press to go back to the list of songs or artists. I don't understand why there is no prompt to not show it again. If anyone has a solution, it'd be much appreciated!

Global Posts
    512 Global Posts

Mine doesnt work either. Even if I am in a quiet location. I look like an ijit talking to my phone when it doesnt do what its supposed to. Lol!

From my S4 to you via Tapatalk🍻
    ~~ You have a cough? Go home tonight, eat a whole box of Ex-Lax, tomorrow you'll be afraid to cough.

I haven't tried this, but you could try long pressing on the notification, then tap "App info" and then uncheck the box that lets it send notifications.
    Thanked by:
    docguy 
    docguy likes this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Red face Re: "You Can Control Music Player with the Commands, Next, Previous...etc" Notifications

Thank you! This solved my issue. I was able to turn off notifications and now this annoying "notification" is out of the tray.